Sealed Box trouble

mbakes
10+ year member

New York
I have two Audiobahn 1200X's in a single chamber 2.5 cu. ft. sealed box. It seems like the woofers are starving each other of air.It is loud when i have just one of the subs going, but not when they are both going. Each sub is hooked up to a separate amp so those are not the problem. I don't want to buy another box because I have no money. I am thinking about puting some ports into the box. Please let me know what you think I should do.

hey broski. heres your deal. i don't know who made that box for ya, but you need to seperate chambers for your speakers. it doesn't matter how many amps you got!! i DON'T suggest a port unless you have a whole hell of alot of power. plus you get tighter bass from a sealed box. you got them amps brideged? let me know if this works? peace.

bored in Michigan

ppi311@yahoo.com

first dude if your woofers are in a single chamber enclosure running off two amps, you need to either, get a partition into that box and seal them up seperatly, or just do one amp. or depending on the amp manufacturer you might be able to slave/master them.

adding ports will not help you out here. so scrap that idea now!

also sounds like your woofers might be outta phase. check that first b4 anything else. with them both hooked up play system and disconnect one terminal if bass gets louder then you are out of phase and you need to reverse your + -.

also you could have the gains mismatched on your seperate amps and be 90-180 degrees out of phase.

so in conclusion

1 check phasing with wiring

2 get a pertition in that box

3 go to 1 amp

laterz

the master

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.