sealed box for e8's

Participant count
  • Participant list

musicislife57
10+ year member

who are the people in here that are really good at designing boxes? i don't need anyone to build it, i just want some help trying to design it and hopefully give me some dimensions that will make my subs sound good. i want a sealed box for some e8's. i'm hoping that if they're in a sealed box i can run more power to them without hurting them. my dimensions to work with are about...35" from side to side, 7" bottom depth, about 5" top depth, and 13" in height. it's going behind the seat of a truck in a reg cab. if anyone could help me that would be awesome. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had some e8's sealed in my truck and they did not do so well. They did not like 250 watts in that configuration. However, people are putting 300+ to them in a ported box, and seem to like them and have no issues. In short if I were you, I would port those suckers, you will be able to put more power to them, and they will get louder. Dont ask me what box dims or anything, just letting you know sealed ***** with these

The only way id go sealed is if i didnt have enough power.

I had my 3 ported in 33 Hz and gave them each about 300 in a 1.2 cubic feet box and they loved it.

The only way id go sealed is if i didnt have enough power.
I had my 3 ported in 33 Hz and gave them each about 300 in a 1.2 cubic feet box and they loved it.
You are bass ackwerds, if you are low on power go ported, the sub is much more sensitive in a ported box (generally speaking)

You are bass ackwerds, if you are low on power go ported, the sub is much more sensitive in a ported box (generally speaking)
I have 1 in a sealed and its horrible on rated and sounds a lot better on 100ish.

And the way its works is if you are on lower power you go bigger and if you have more you go smaller, im not sure whether its sealed or ported plays into that. Efficiency is the key when dealing with more or less power, not the peak frequencies of the box.

I have 1 in a sealed and its horrible on rated and sounds a lot better on 100ish.
And the way its works is if you are on lower power you go bigger and if you have more you go smaller, im not sure whether its sealed or ported plays into that. Efficiency is the key when dealing with more or less power, not the peak frequencies of the box.
Im not talking about freqs, im talking about efficiency. Ported boxes are more efficient(i.e. LOUDER) than sealed boxes 99% of the time. In both ported and sealed apps the larger the box, the more efficient it is, but power handling goes down.

see, i have a ported box right now, 1.2 cubes for 2 of them. the only reason i was thinking about going sealed is cause the tinsel lead went bad, and i don't know if that was cause of the box (maybe unloading), or i could have just been pushing too much power to them. i'm gonna get them fixed, but i'm also getting the new sa-8's once they come out, but i wanted to run these just temporarily until the new ones got here. so no sealed? just get them fixed and run them through my ported box?

see, i have a ported box right now, 1.2 cubes for 2 of them. the only reason i was thinking about going sealed is cause the tinsel lead went bad, and i don't know if that was cause of the box (maybe unloading), or i could have just been pushing too much power to them. i'm gonna get them fixed, but i'm also getting the new sa-8's once they come out, but i wanted to run these just temporarily until the new ones got here. so no sealed? just get them fixed and run them through my ported box?
Yes, just fix it and keep it the way it is. Turn on/turn up your subsonic filter to stop a bit of that stroking, it should be set right at your box tuning freq anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.