Screw stuck in remote of amp

slapperz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i got a hifonics 1610D for $50. the problem with it is there an upside screw in the remote wire part of the amp. I can unscrew it because the bottom has no slot to put anything into. and its really difficult to push it up because of the tight space. any1 got recconmendations or if theres a way to get it out from any other way? or if its possible to replace that part with the groud power and remote

get us a pic of this "upside screw". sounds like maybe you have a screw that somebody snapped the head off of it or stripped it to the point of being unrecognizeable. You could probably drill it out if you were really careful. Another kind of last resort option would be having somebody solder a wire to the terminal or the circuit board inside of the amp. It would be ugly but assuming the amp works ok it wouldn't hurt anything .

It's not clear from your description if the screw is just jammed in there like it was loose and got stuck, or if it is mounted there for some reason and now is in the way or shorting.

However if it was loose at one time and just got fammed, try using a powerful compact magnet in combination with trying to take the pressure off of it by prying the offending closeby objects apart with a srewdriver blade. When it's free to move the magnet will pull it out of the way.

The hammer idea is still valid though,

All these ideas might have worked. But i finally got it out by using some thin tweezers...took a hell of a lot of time but it was worth it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.