Say hello to my little friend.

JLJunkieMX107
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I picked this up at the junkyard today. I was hunting for turbos in the volvo section when I came across this Garrett T3. It has ZERO shaft play and spins smooth as can be. I paid $39 for it!!! This will be going into my 92 eclipse once I get the 2.0 motor all built up. Anyways, who all here has experience with garrett turbos?

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

The only Garrett turbo I've had myself was a GT3071R which is pretty much a different ballpark than an old school T3. All of the Garretts I've messed with on friends' cars have been T3/T4 hybrids of some kind.

Thats cool. I wouldnt mind a t3/t4 hybrid but for $39 I couldnt pass this up. I also found out its not even a T3, it's a T25. A little bit smaller but at least I will have zero lag and full boost at like 2500 rpms lol.

Wow you found a dumbass, I woudnt have paid more than $50 without you never knowing what it ran like.
Haha the wonders of craigslist:laugh: The guy thinks it will just bolt right up to his non turbo eclipse. I told him he needs a turbo manifold, boost gauge, oil/ water lines, BOV, and intercooler. He said naw im pretty sure it will just bolt up no problem. I just said ok I tried telling you but have fun:crap:

It'll all come to him when the oil squirters clog and his crank starts to walk.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Bill-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.