Cody012231

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Hello all. I'm new to car audio but I'm upgrading and needed some opinions/info

Vehicle
2001 nissan frontier crew cab

Aftermarket deck (already installed)
Pioneer avh 3300nex

Speakers front/tweeter (in cart on ebay)
Alpine r-s65c.2 (2x 6.5inch 100w rms 300 peak 4 ohm 2way component, 2x 1inch tweeter, 2x crossover)

Speakers rear (in cart on ebay)
Alpine s-s40 (2x 4inch 45w rms 140 peak 4ohm coaxial)

Amp (no clue)
Looking for a 4 channel pioneer as I won't be running a sub.
Pioneer Gm-D8704?

I'm wondering if this setup will work nicely and what amp I can use. I'm look for something on the cheaper side and still pioneer. Idk anything about ohm watts or peak ratting needed for the right amp. Also do my tweeters need a individual channel for themselves or no because they don't need much power? Or can I run a tweeter to a crossover into the same channel as an individual speaker?

Yeah it'll work...just go easy on the gain for the rear speakers...

For the components...just wire the crossovers like its marked...tweet to the tweet output and the mid to the mid output...your amp will connect to the crossovers input...

Also just a tip...never go by max power ratings...the rms power is what matters..

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm new to car audio but I'm upgrading and needed some opinions/info

Vehicle
2001 nissan frontier crew cab

Aftermarket deck (already installed)
Pioneer avh 3300nex

Speakers front/tweeter (in cart on ebay)
Alpine r-s65c.2 (2x 6.5inch 100w rms 300 peak 4 ohm 2way component, 2x 1inch tweeter, 2x crossover)

Speakers rear (in cart on ebay)
Alpine s-s40 (2x 4inch 45w rms 140 peak 4ohm coaxial)

Amp (no clue)
Looking for a 4 channel pioneer as I won't be running a sub.
Pioneer Gm-D8704?

I'm wondering if this setup will work nicely and what amp I can use. I'm look for something on the cheaper side and still pioneer. Idk anything about ohm watts or peak ratting needed for the right amp. Also do my tweeters need a individual channel for themselves or no because they don't need much power? Or can I run a tweeter to a crossover into the same channel as an individual speaker?
Yeah the Type R gear from Alpine is solid no doubt. Me personally I would check out CDT, Focal and Kappa series from Infiniti if your looking to spend that kind of coin.

Great 4ch amp. Id look at some Polk DB and even MMseries components for up front. CDT usually has a Monthly sale that may be within your price range for a nice set of speakers also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...