Running 2 amps off factory HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silver
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Brighton, MI
I have a ALPINE MRP-240 and a Rockford T-1000bd w/ 2 audioque sdc 2.5' 15's I want to run off my factory Headunit.

I have a 2007 Jeep GC with the premium sound (Boston acoustics).

I was thinking about getting the AudioControl LC6i, because I need 3 preouts (R,L on component amp, pre out for sub).

My plan is to get rid of the factory amp and speakers and run all new stuff. I just want to maintain my factory HU, I like the look.

So is a AudioControl LC6i worth it or is there something more efficient than that. Thanks.

I hope you understand that you won't be completely getting rid of your amp, you're simply re-routing the signal so that you can have pre-outs. Those factory amplifiers usually have more than just speakers inputs and outputs wired into them. The LC6i would be a good option (they have their ground loop problems at times though), or one like the JL Audio Clean Sweep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.