Replacing Speakers on a New Pontiac

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have decided to instal a new set of speakers with my stock 8 speaker monsoon system in my 2006 pontiac gt sedan (I am tired of blowing speakers).

I took apart my door today, and had a peak under the rear deck and noticed that there are 4wires going to each speaker. The monsoon system is also 2ohm

I found these 2ohm, 3-way speakers from jbl:

GTO937

JBL GTO607C

Are there any other 2ohm speakers on the market right now that are better and around the same price?

Does anyone know how to instal without a re-wire?

Can I use the factory cross over on the front and just plug in the new components? If not, how do I change in the new one?

Can I put both the positive of the hi and low on the positive terminal of the rear speaker, and both the negatives on the negative side (4 wires going to 2 terminals..)?

thankyou!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.