Redoing my Door Panels, 2 AA poly mids per door and suede (Pics)-soon

iamamp3pimp
5,000+ posts

Bass Heads Entertainment
Tampa FL
ok ok no pics just yet, but im in the process of tackiling the biggest job on the interior of a car, that i have done, and so far, its coming out looking really nice.

I have 3 different colors of the suede that im using, and i am ging to be sueding almost the entire interior of the car. so far its lookin good. I have Ivory for the headliner, and the larger part of the doors, (the bottom part) the upper part of the door will be covered in black suede that is such a PITA to work with, it better come out right.

and then you get the accents, and that is a silver/grey suede.

will have pics up tonight.

going in each door is a pair of poly mids, and possible the midrange in my sig.

i am too.

im at work for another hour and a half.

then i have to apply some more stain, and some carpet.

then i can get pics up.

why the hell do you ALWAYS make a thread about a project, and then have no pics for a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

jk, sounds fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i always wanted to redo my interior to all black //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

You'll love that set-up, but why 2 tweeters per door? I run 2 AA mids with the XT tweeter and LOVE it. Much like an MTM home theater speaker, so really no need for the extra tweeter.

I run the mids BP 80Hz - 2500Hz and the tweets 2500Hz and up. Seems to sound nice there. I've crossed the mids as low as 60Hz. Liked it more on some songs and not as much on others. 80Hz seems to be decent for everything I listen to.

My install is pretty ghetto though. Aluminum panel is covering the hole left by my old JBL 3way comps. One mid is behind stock grill, so everybody thinks I'm running a normal comp set. Polk grill was slapped on temporary for a trip across country as I didn't want the GF to mess up the mid when she was sleeping in the pass seat. Probably going to pick up a new set of door panels and glass them both in with the tweeter once the weather gets nice.

1001146ci4.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.