rainbow vs boston acoustic

bdavies11
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I've heard alot of great things about both brands but one thing i do know is they are very expensive (at least for me). I want to know what u guys think if i wanted to compare the rainbow SLC's to the boston acoustic pro's. I'm thinking of saving up for a pair of one of these but i would like some input on how they compare to each other . What are the pros and cons of each as well. Im looking for 6.5's

From my observations..

Pros...louder, but also needs gobs of power to enjoy midbass- brighter, airy tweeter...dont look into sending less than 200+rms per side or at least run active

SLC... on the smoother side,solid and accurate midbass kick, not as power hungry- drivers image very well...rock on with as lil' as 80-120rms per side

I didn't know they were comparable in price..?? I thought Pros sell for over $300beans

Thanks for the reply. I thought the SLC's were around $300 myself. Maybe im looking in the wrong places. Can u point me towards some SLC's that are under $300?

SLCs are around $300 new. People don't think so because a few months back some outlet cleared out old stock and sold some older ones cheap.

There aren't many authorized dealers that sell Rainbow comps, some are wandering around the forum but I couldn't point them out.

SLCs are around $300 new. People don't think so because a few months back some outlet cleared out old stock and sold some older ones cheap.
There aren't many authorized dealers that sell Rainbow comps, some are wandering around the forum but I couldn't point them out.
i can get SLC 3ways for $300:naughty:

But the SLC265 set retails for $260 msrp

it's not really in the same price point comparison, if those retail for 260, the pro's retail for like 599. i know the pro's can sound very good, but beware the tweets. be prepared to do some EQ'ing because they can be very bright.

Pros...louder, but also needs gobs of power to enjoy midbass- brighter, airy tweeter...dont look into sending less than 200+rms per side or at least run active

SLC... on the smoother side,solid and accurate midbass kick, not as power hungry- drivers image very well...rock on with as lil' as 80-120rms per side
the pros can handle 200+per side?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

i dint know the rainbows could handle 120 either

i have the SLC's from the discount a while back they sound great but i need something louder but they can get loud but not keep up with the MT

I tested both and found the BA's to be serperbly better to my tastes as far as SQ and just plain out power... run mine on an Eclipse 8455 with a JBL300.4 and its just WOW!

holy crap i didnt know my bostons could handle that much, im running them active with about 70 rms per side and infinity reference tweets. (had auras but blew em)

i would say go with the bostons, im really impressed with em, especially now that theyre in kickpanels. the tweets are pretty loud, thats why i went active, i might go back thought and try eq ing em a little more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.