Power Acoustik Mofo 15" dual 4ohm vc

Participant count
  • Participant list
Okay so I searched around on here and other sites and in getting alot of mixed emotions.

First off I'd like to say I had the older model power acoustik fubr 15" subwoofer in a sealed box about 1.5 cubic foot under specifications on a $30 Pyle amplifier and it would take the lids off of Mickey ds cups and still had great SQ.

I would like to have another 15" power acoustik and achieve the same SQ and loudness.

But from what I've read on here and other forums is either its a crappy speaker or way underrated or way overrated. I've read that people cant push these speakers with 1000watts true rms and I would call that ridiculous due to my old setup.

Basically what I'm asking for is any and all information you may have on these subs. Overrated? Underrated? SQ? SPL? Does this manufacturer hold the same quality as the older models?

Thanks for any information at all.

Have you seen the Mofo series personally in use?
I don't want the best speaker or quality in the world I just want that deep chest beat you get from a 15".
Deep bass is not the chest beat, chest crush is in the 40-50hz range, deep is 35hz and below which is just a violent shake with inches of windshield flex but nothing penetrating your chest. What you want is just loudness. More power better quality subs. A 15 is just bigger cone area than a 12 its not deeper than a 10 or 12, just louder due to cone area.

ive heard the old mofo 12s in use, they were in a low tuned enclosure on 1600 watts rms. They sounded okay but definitely not worth it.

You wanna tune higher with a ported box in the 38 to 40hz tuning for maximal spl for that chest thump

Jeep Cherokee. About 4ft by 3ft of space level with seat so space not really an issue for a single sub.

Amp is gonna sound ghetto but it is what it is, I really dont know what it is, says 1200w on top and looks like its from 1990, has 4 40amp fuses. All I know is its single channel and has never had any problems pushing two 12"s. Terrible description I know but I like old school stuff and its definitely old

I just measured up a JC the other day. It had 34" between spare and trim panel, 16" under the tarp, (about 20 to top of rear seat) and around 21" in depth, allowing for 6" or so of room for the port to "breathe" ....

So about 34x21x20 is what is there gross O.D. .... if you keep the spare ....

If you fire up and port up, you can get around 24" in depth ....

It measured out good for an old Memphis Mojo 15Q1 in a HO enclosure .....

I have a 1989 jeep Cherokee, spare tire rack on the back so alot more room.

Basically what I've decided to do is buy the mofo 154x and enclosure for $200 flat and if I like it ill keep it. If i don't I know someone I can sell it to for $150 so if worst comes to worst it'll be a $50 loss.

Thanks for y'all's help though, if anyone would like to know my thoughts (firsthand) with the new mofo 154x ill post on this thread when I get it if not oh well I hope its decent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.