Please HELP!!!

camdogg4570
10+ year member

I am curently helping a friend install two RE Audio REX 8" 4 DVC subs in his Ram 1500. He is going to be powering these subs with an Audiopipe APSM-1200 MONO amp. We were able to get the subs playing and as we turned up the gain, we realized that they were playing not only the bass from the song, but also a steady frequency. After pausing the song, the hidden frequency continued to play. We can not figure out what is causing this frequency. The RCA, bass knob, and remote wire are running down the middle of the truck to the back seat, and the power is running down the left drivers side of the truck. Therefore, we know the RCA's are not picking up frequencies from the power wire. The speakers seem to be wired correctly because we checked them with an Ohm meter and it read a solid 4 Ohms. The radio was installed by a car audio shop so the radio, RCA's, and remote wire were all installed professionally and correctly. He also has a Pioneer radio. The power and ground wires both have good connections. If anyone has experienced this sort of problem or has any knowledge as to why this steady frequency is being constantly played, PLEASE let me know what is happening ASAP! Thanks!

If you need to know any further information about my friend's system please ask and i will answer you as soon as i can.

ground the rca wires on the deck sounds like a basic blown pico fuse no you can not change the fuse but running a small wire from the outer metal part of the rca to a ground should get rid of the noise. this is a common problem that happens when someone pull the rcas out of the headunit while it is still on and playing

power the remote wire and run the amp without the HU. that might help you figure out what it isn't. I would always double check ground. It's the equivalent of "check if device is plugged in. check if device is turned on" the two most valuable electronics troubleshooting tips. may help to have an oscope to rule out everything but the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.