please help me choose a good component speakers!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi I need a set of component speakers that are going to be powered by a alpine 500 watt amp, my budget is around 260 and my research have lead me to either mb quart qs216 or ideal dynamic ctx65cs , the ideal is 220 around that and the mb quart is 260 which one you guys think will be best???? Thank you guys

There are tons of great comps out there. Look in the classifieds here, there's a set of RE XXX comps for sale bnib for 200. Isn't that 500 a monoblock?

The amp is a 4 channel amp, I saw how you can get some good stuff here but is it safe????, because it will really ***** to spend like 260 dollars in speakers that are bad , what u guys think is any kind of warranty in case you buy anything and it's defective? ?

The amp is a 4 channel amp, I saw how you can get some good stuff here but is it safe????, because it will really ***** to spend like 260 dollars in speakers that are bad , what u guys think is any kind of warranty in case you buy anything and it's defective? ?
Yeah there's a warranty, its called paypal, anything goes sour, file a claim with them and get your money back. The guy selling the RE XXX is reliable and takes good care of his stuff. I would say that set would totally destroy either of your current choices. warranty(AKA merchant fee) costs 2.9% of total purchase which = seller's fee, if the item costs 200 shipped, you'll pay like 206$. Make sure you choose paying for goods and services instead of the gifting option and viola protection against getting F*cked in the *ss

The amp is a 4 channel amp,I saw how you can get some good stuff here but is it safe????, because it will really ***** to spend like 260 dollars in speakers that are bad , what u guys think is any kind of warranty in case you buy anything and it's defective? ?
I just bought a ppi 900.4 from the same guy and it's on the way. Those xxx's are 2 ohm, so they would run great off that Alpine.

thank you so much guys you guys are awesome, just one more question to decide is the Re xxx component set he is selling better than an mb quart q216 component set???

man its hard my bro keep telling me that mb quart qs216 and ideal dynamics ctx65cs are better and I have research a lot and they both got excellent reviews speacially the mb quarst it seems everyone that get them given 5 start reviews, RE xxx like the one the guy its selling, looks good but Im not to familiar with the brand I tried looking on the internet but no luck, im a college student and I have beign savind this money in a long time so Im kind of nervous how about if I get the RExxx and the mb quart or the ID were better for the money lol, sorry my indecision guys can some one detailed me way the RExxx would be better than the other two ???

man its hard my bro keep telling me that mb quart qs216 and ideal dynamics ctx65cs are better and I have research a lot and they both got excellent reviews speacially the mb quarst it seems everyone that get them given 5 start reviews, RE xxx like the one the guy its selling, looks good but Im not to familiar with the brand I tried looking on the internet but no luck, im a college student and I have beign savind this money in a long time so Im kind of nervous how about if I get the RExxx and the mb quart or the ID were better for the money lol, sorry my indecision guys can some one detailed me way the RExxx would be better than the other two ???
mbquart used to be a good company when they were german owned, but they are bought out by maxxonics which also operates crunh and autotek. mbquarts quality has been going downhill for awhile not even a shadow of their former glory.

ID ctx is a good choice too. i'd say it goes down to how much power and space you have.

the magnets on the XXX are huge and needs at least 100 watts RMS or more to shine.

ctx is a lot smaller and does not need that much power.

ok thank you so much I think ill go with the RE xxx, althought I was looking at the power output of my amp and says 75 rms per channel maybe ill just bridge both of the 4 channels or get a better am to put some coaxials for rear filling on the back my car is a 1999 honda civic hatchback so maybe ill end up getting a better amp or something currently I have a jl 12w0v3 and its good but i may get one of those sundowns sa12 I have heard that they are the bang for buck

lol if those components are good as you guys are telling me I probably wont even need rear filling at all!! at the same time I'm building door pods so I can put 2 sets of component speakers so that's why I say I probably wont need the rear filling what you guys think ???

lol if those components are good as you guys are telling me I probably wont even need rear filling at all!! at the same time I'm building door pods so I can put 2 sets of component speakers so that's why I say I probably wont need the rear filling what you guys think ???
Most of us don't use rear fill. It's not needed and actually diminishes the sound stage. You will not find a single high level car with rear fill. If your bro is telling you MB then just don't listen to him and show him what's up when you're done here.

ok thank you so much I think ill go with the RE xxx, althought I was looking at the power output of my amp and says 75 rms per channel maybe ill just bridge both of the 4 channels or get a better am to put some coaxials for rear filling on the back my car is a 1999 honda civic hatchback so maybe ill end up getting a better amp or something currently I have a jl 12w0v3 and its good but i may get one of those sundowns sa12 I have heard that they are the bang for buck
Not sure if the amp can handle 2 ohms bridged, double check that. What model is that amp?

has anyone verified that the RE XXX speakers will fit in the vehicle? before you buy anything - verify speaker opening size and available depth. too deep of a speaker can prevent the windows from rolling down all the way - or the door panel from fitting back on. not all 6.5" speakers have the same opening size.

1999-2000 Honda Civic Coupe Car Audio Profile

the factory adapter limits speakers to 2" of depth. you can cut this out but the window will eventually limit depth.

buying from people on a forum requires PM's between buyer and seller to agree on price, condition, and other terms. you send that person the money agreed upon through Paypal. Seller then ships the speakers to you and hopefully they are packaged well and don't get damaged. if people don't have original packaging, it can be tricky to keep speakers protected. USPS, UPS, FedEX are all really hard on packages.

if you buy new speakers, everything is easier. if you buy from Crutchfield you will also get the necessary adapters, and you will know they fit ahead of time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.