Please help me build my system for my 68 Dart

USCG Charger
10+ year member

Ok fellas this is going to be a little long winded with a few different questions. I have a 68 Dodge Dart that I have been restoring. I'm ready to put a system in it. The system I'm looking for will consist of 2 kick panel fiberglass 5.25", 2 6X9 in the rear package tray, 1 10" sub and 1 5 channel amp to run this. Oh and a head unit single din.

I need help on selecting the entire system as I have not bought any of it yet. I would like something of quality as I listen to mostly classic rock, old school rap, and Texas country (Pandora is my friend) lol.

I also need help determining what type of box for me car (ported through the rear package tray or conventional) whats the difference?

My car has a huge engine what puts out around 460hp and has really loud 3" exhaust that exits out the side. I just purchased second skin damplifier 100 sq ft to cover the entire car roof, floor, trunk, and doors. I also go luxury liner to go on the floor over the damplifier. So hopefully this quiets down the old car.

I have been looking at the following speakers and subs and amp. If these are not of quality please tell me as I no nothing about car audio. I just always heard the names JL and Kicker. I'm not trying to shake the earth but want something nice for the car I have been spending all my time and money on.

JL 6X9's C2-690tx 125W 3-Way C2 Evolution Series Coaxial Car Speaker System. $118

JL 5.25 C2 525x 60W RMS 2-Way Car Speakers $109

Sub 10" 10W3v3-2ohm 1000W /300-500 RMS 2-Ohm Subwoofer $155

Amp pick one out of the Two listed here: Kicker 10ZX700.5

340W + 420W RMS A/B and D Class ZX Series 5-Channel Car System Amplifier (ZX750.5) $330

OR

Kicker ZX700.5

750W RMS Class A/B 5-Channel ZX Series Stereo Car Amplifier (11ZX750.5) $330

Well the thing is with Kicker and JL... Its decent stuff but you pay the price for all the marketing since its very mainstream... The company I listed are cheaper, and are much better quality since they arent just looking to mass produce a product...

Ok so far I found the JBL C508GTI for $190

You said in your post before that I could have better 6X9's and 10"W3's from JL Audio for what I would be paying. Also you talked about Kicker products not being up to snuff. I don't want to settle for something that I over pay for when I can get a better product for about the same price. I'm not opposed to getting those other brands you mentioned. If the price is ok.

This is what someone posted on another site where I asked the same question.

f it's output you're after, the JBL on sale at Harman's online shop would work great in some kicks, it's a component set at 170 bucks, down from 500 or so...

the C508Gti, model.

in the back, you could put a pair of just decent 6X9" coaxes, something like you've sourced is good enough.

the single 10" sub is a preference thing, you'd need to get bangin' loud to get over that hemi and one 10" is asking a lot.

Creative Sound Solutions makes a the SDX-10, I think it's called, not a bad woofer on paper, maybe get something like the JBL W10Gti, or go deep with JL W3's, or if you have the budget the W6 or W7.

that would cost a bit more, but then you'd only have the 6X9" rears that limit the system and they don't need to be that strong.

also, the coaxes are not too popular on this site, the real output by component drivers tends to be a bit cleaner, louder, and more durable, that's why the component drivers up front makes sense, even if you do have to find a place to put that tweeter...

and as for the amplifier either one looks good, Kicker makes some decent product and you'll get a lot of bang for the buck with their multi-channel amps.

I'd put the little bit of extra money into the front stage, as it's the primary mover of your music, and let the rest suffer a bit if you have to trim the fat.

Bump...

I have been doing a little research on Hertz Mile, Massive, Focal K2P??.... Are these brands that I should be looking at for my 5.25's or should I stick with something of lesser value? Then just run the the JL C2 6X9's? Also what about a single 12" ID sub? With this system shouldI run two separate Amps? If so what size for each?

For the system l would go with digital designs for subs and a mono amp. They have a clean look and great sq. I take it your going to be putting some time in this build? Take a look at focal and morel for your vocals

I run hertz and I really like them. But make sure you get them from a dealer there are a lot of fakes out there.
Do you have a suggestion of what model of hertz I should run and who I should buy from that would give me the best deal?

For the system l would go with digital designs for subs and a mono amp. They have a clean look and great sq. I take it your going to be putting some time in this build? Take a look at focal and morel for your vocals
SAme as the above.. what model for the focal and morel and how much am I looking at?

I know these are rookie questions but I have to ask them as I am just learning.

Yes I am not willing to just throw something together on this car... I don'e need something earth shattering nor competition worthy just a nice clean, crisp, loud system that I can enjoy over my loud exhaust.

Just check out there websites. For power handling and specs. You can find a lot of focal and morel on amazon and a few other sites. I run the energy series and they are powered of the alpine ktp-445 power pack. You should look into that also. Alpine hu can add a nice 45 x 4 amp that plugs in between the harness and the deck. So no wires. It's pretty nice

Ok thanks for the info dude.... I also just saw that I can get a Massive Amp NX5 for $389 shipped.. is that enough to power everything I need? Sub, two 6X9's and some nice 120W RMS 6.5" components?

Well I have decided.. tell me what you think..

Massive CK6 in kick panels

JL audio C2 serioes 6X9's in rear deck

TW 12 Massive sub in bandpass box vented into rear deck

Nx4 Massive amp

N2 Massive amp

Now I just need help on the HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.