!PLEASE HELP! have 2 memphis 12's power ref. trying to wire to sony 1000/2

Participant count
  • Participant list
haha, i was just thinking last night about tellin my wife i can't fix a simple "it's broke"...........so what i'm saying, is that we need more information. what have you tried? is the amp coming on, and not in protect? basically test your equipment. do the subs ohm out on each coil good? is the problem that you just don't have sound? if you don't have one, get a multi-meter and take some ohms and voltage readings......

haha, i was just thinking last night about tellin my wife i can't fix a simple "it's broke"...........so what i'm saying, is that we need more information. what have you tried? is the amp coming on, and not in protect? basically test your equipment. do the subs ohm out on each coil good? is the problem that you just don't have sound? if you don't have one, get a multi-meter and take some ohms and voltage readings......

Whats up man im blake i live in cabot and was looking for other car enthusiast in central arkansas to maybe start up a club so we could work together on builds and go to comps. together just hit me back and tell me what you think

Whats up man im blake i live in cabot and was looking for other car enthusiast in central arkansas to maybe start up a club so we could work together on builds and go to comps. together just hit me back and tell me what you think
um...what? This has nothing to do with your post or questions asked to you.

And if you didn't catch it, he is in AK not AR.

yes i have tested the subs and they read 8 ohms and also tested all wireing ground and power there both good and had amp tested its good i have tried direct wireing like positive to pos. and neg to neg so idk what the problem is but they wont make any sound at all???

do you have your remote wire and rca's hooked up?

yes i had a setup up before punch 45 amp with 2 punch p2's but the subs and box were stolen after they busted out my window so everything was hooked up and working from before i just bought these new subs today and cannot get them to play but i have checked both rca's and remote wire

check to ensure you have a good ground and then double check your power wire. When things are stolen they don't care about your wires...so you may have a blown fuse under the hood in your power wire.

check to ensure you have a good ground and then double check your power wire. When things are stolen they don't care about your wires...so you may have a blown fuse under the hood in your power wire.

i checked in line fuse under the hood and also fuses on amp both good ill check the ground when i get of work thanks any other suggestions lol

if you have a volt meter test your remote wire. If you don't try jumping your remote wire and power wire. A small remote can be stretched to the point were wires can/will break inside the coating.

if you have a volt meter test your remote wire. If you don't try jumping your remote wire and power wire. A small remote can be stretched to the point were wires can/will break inside the coating.

thanks and what do you mean by jump remote/power wire never done that before lol

just take a small piece of wire and jump from the power wire to the remote wire on the amp. If your power wire and ground are good it should kick on. If it does turn on your stereo, if it does not play then your problem is RCAs, head unit rca output, or your subs.

just take a small piece of wire and jump from the power wire to the remote wire on the amp. If your power wire and ground are good it should kick on. If it does turn on your stereo, if it does not play then your problem is RCAs, head unit rca output, or your subs.

i bought and put in new rca cables to day so i dont think thats the problem but my head unit is 7 years old so idk it could be that lol

could be. and, when you go to manually power on the amp, do so with and without the rca's connected, to eliminate it finding ground through the rcas. by the way, if the rcas were damaged when the system was stolen, and you let the deck play,. it is highly likely that the deck was damaged from them shorting. you can use an rca-to-3.5mm jack (headphone jack) cable and play the amp right off your phone, or other portable player. you can also measure for ac voltage out from the head unit rcas. should be in the mili-volts, but, could be up to 8v. how did you verify that both the amp and subs work good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.