Orion CS is nuts, LMAO

SPL Blazer
10+ year member

SPL Event Promoter
Talked to a local competitor today that called Orion about their 15" HCCA's. The moron that was answering phones told him that he should be doing at least a 158 with a single 15" and 4k in his suv. Then proceeded to tell him that a real walled vehicle has no port, and that if you did wall off a vehicle then each sub has to be in it's own enclosure. I had my own bad customer service issues with them in the past, but this was too funny.

Anyone else get some really stupid advice from Orion?

No but once i called RD audio and asked them what size box i should install my sonance 15 in and they told me "i have no idea , actually". Use the box recommendations section of our website. BTW that part of the site has been "under construction" since 2009. LMAO!!

I called Orion a few years ago asking about an SPL box for burps only, and the guy was kinda rude about it and said to go read my manual. I asked if they knew of something better, he said "Yeah", go read your manual and use those designs. Kicker was cool when I called them, guy actually gave me designs for a burp box that worked out really good for me.

I called Orion a few years ago asking about an SPL box for burps only, and the guy was kinda rude about it and said to go read my manual. I asked if they knew of something better, he said "Yeah", go read your manual and use those designs. Kicker was cool when I called them, guy actually gave me designs for a burp box that worked out really good for me.
Kicker hung up on me when I asked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Anyone else get some really stupid advice from Orion?
When I was looking for schematics for my old school Orion amplifiers some time ago, I had the pleasure of dealing with John Durbin. JD told me that I'd be better off buying DEI's new Orion products and hanging mine on the wall as a conversation piece. He said the new Orion amplifiers were WAY better than the Orion amplifiers from the late 80s/early 90s.

Hmm, somehow I doubt that. Their old school amps were pretty nice
Unfortunately, I have owned both and I still have some HCCA Digital Reference, GX, and SX amplifiers in my collection. I only needed to do minor maintenance on them, like changing capacitors and JFETS.

I had a 4 channel O-Fryin between 2002 and 2004 that went back to Orion 4 times over the course of its 2 year warranty. After the warranty was up, it went out again and was fried so bad, I chucked it in the dumpster at my townhouse.

In my opinion, the old school Orion amplifiers used some of the best parts available at the time of their manufacture, and I think that is why they lasted so long. OTOH, it appeared that DEI's Orion amplifiers used just what it took to get by in order to maximize their profit margin. I can't comment on the new Orion amplifiers because I swore I would never purchase another DEI manufactured amplifier.

Kicker hung up on me when I asked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Kicker told me some dimensions when I bought the 2 Solo X 12s, when I told them I was running 2.5 more cubes to one of their 10s they said "oh well, just double everything then"

Needless to say my audio store designed a box from scratch and it pounds. Maybe I should call them back and give them specs lol

You must not have talked to spidermonkey then......for $20 bucks he could have gotten anything you wanted.

No but once i called RD audio and asked them what size box i should install my sonance 15 in and they told me "i have no idea , actually". Use the box recommendations section of our website. BTW that part of the site has been "under construction" since 2009. LMAO!!
Haha, wow. But thanks, I dropped my sandwich reading that.

When I was looking for schematics for my old school Orion amplifiers some time ago, I had the pleasure of dealing with John Durbin. JD told me that I'd be better off buying DEI's new Orion products and hanging mine on the wall as a conversation piece. He said the new Orion amplifiers were WAY better than the Orion amplifiers from the late 80s/early 90s.
Note to self, dont ever talk to JD as he will get an ear lashing, lol!

Old School Orion was the ish in its day. Hell, I would love to have some ole school Orion stuff, just cant afford it currently.

What a moron!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.