Only 3 hours left, fast reply's needed!

Don't worry about overdriving the type R's...mine handle 1800rms just fine. Of coarse at full tilt they wouldn't last long, but I like my hearing anyways...besides they warn you with the sweet smell of voice coils //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Solid equipment actually. I'm using that Kenwood amp's little brother in my car on my W7. Great value //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do! but....ebay's got some hella cheap subs...I could *probably* go for two there, hock the type e's, and buy a kickass 1800W amp with the credit from that! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Ebay does have the best prices i go there searching for prices first, but sonicelectronics also has some super good deal, especialy if your ordering multiple items.

Don't worry about overdriving the type R's...mine handle 1800rms just fine. Of coarse at full tilt they wouldn't last long, but I like my hearing anyways...besides they warn you with the sweet smell of voice coils //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yeah, they handle 1800rms just fine....lol, for 2 minuets

At that level you do have to pay attention...lol

Honestly though in my ride thats very close to 150dbs on a pair and with four I'm at a 152(legal, sealed), so you don't want to play them loud for long.

I would actually try a better box for the e's first, but maybe cause I'm The Box Guy...lol

Its all in the box

did you know if you just buy like a decent power converter and just wire a power cord to the subs they will hit harder than any amp. they hit so hard they will smoke.

did you know if you just buy like a decent power converter and just wire a power cord to the subs they will hit harder than any amp. they hit so hard they will smoke.
Please stop, because you're not funny.

I would suggest to getting a box design from someone on here and building your own box. It will be great to get the experience of building a box and also being able to compare how much better your subs sound in a custom box compared to the prefab box you currently have. Also this is the cheapest option. Then you can save some money and get better quality equipment later on. Also, I guarantee you will be able to tell a difference with a better box

go with the alpine type r's and pick up a nice Audioque amp or sundown amp on here for a good price used

the subs will hit the lows and be loud doing it and the amp push them with clean power

kenwood is notorious for overrating btw

*deep breath* Get ready for a big post....

I just got back from Best Buy. Talked with the installer there. He recommended the type r's. I'm considering. I'm not sure if i'd go with one or two. He said that one type r would surpass my 2 type e's. He also said my Kenwood 1000W amp i currently have would power one type r nicely. is this true?

Onto another point. I'm starting to dislike prefab boxes more and more as i do research on them. So, i'm also considering a custom (ported maybe?) box for the type r's. however, i DO NOT feel up to the task of building it. I'm not excellent at math, and not too handy either :/ Is there any way i could talk with someone on here about designing me a custom box? that would be awesome. Hope you guys can help me out....I'm lost.

Also, even if you don't know if anyone can help me build one here, i'm up for any suggestions on where i can get one online! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.