how to build a box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
There are lots of discussions regarding box design and tuning. If you are talking about a sealed box, go with the "optimum" volume given by the manufacturer. It can be whatever physical size you want in to be, as long as the internal net volume is what you need it to be. If you are looking at a vented box, the possibilities are endless. There is an acceptable range for every driver. With that said, the smaller boxes tuned higher will play louder. The larger box with the longer vent tuned lower will play deeper. There are power, SQ and spl trade offs for each. Do your homework and decide what you want to hear. I have two differnet boxes that I use. One is 4.25 and the other is 3.25. The 4.25 plays notes so low that you can feel them more than you can hear them. The 3.25 hits so loud that it seems like it's gonna crack the windows. Just gotta figure out what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.