Okay Seriously...

moorezy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm starting to lose it.. I'm trying to troubleshoot some alternator whine... Things I have:

Pioneer 4000dvd..

Triple Shielded Klarity RCAs..

Big 3 in 1/0..

Kappa Amps

200 amp dB electrical alt

Things I have tried:

Swapping unit to a JVC 810 ( Pioneers known to have RCA issues )

Grounding RCAs

Running RCA right from unit down middle of car to rear ( to eliminate chance of small power wire I have on RCA side ( but they are triple shielded so just ruled out that because it still whined )

Things that are weird:

When I do a rev my voltage hits 15.4 which throws amps into protect. ( 15 volt cutoff ) So i'm thinking that increase in voltage is spiking everything and making the whine

I'm not sure if I did an alt ground with 1/0 so i dunno if thats making it spike

What should I do? I just want to have no noise... and everything to work properly... What i'm thinking is take out this alt, throw back in stock 120 and roll like that. I am only running around 1200-1300 RMS and I have big 3 maybe get a better bat.. ANY INPUT IS NEEDED I WANT TO GET IT SORTED OUT.

yea i doubt youll need that big of a alt to keep up with ur systemmmi would just put the stok back in a get a good batt like a yellow tap for the front and be done with it.

Thanks for the replies. I think thats the route i'm going to go. I can try to resell the 200 amp alt. I'll grab a yellowtop and be done with it. Its just the labor to get the **** thing out. its way underneath wedged the depths of v8 hell. Thanks again for the input.

On a side note: I can get local a group 31 yellowtop for 233 + tax or a deka

9A31 for 260 + tax. Similar output, im thinkin save the 30 bones and get the yellowtop. Unless there is something decent online ( remybattery wont ship at all )

Before you do that, I'd say look here around the classifieds a bit to see if you can spot a good deal. I know there's someone selling a ton of C&Ds (or there was for a while).

turn down the gains and see if that helps. increased incoming signal voltage lets you keep the gains on the amp down thus reducing 'alt whine'.

Before you do that, I'd say look here around the classifieds a bit to see if you can spot a good deal. I know there's someone selling a ton of C&Ds (or there was for a while).
Yea i seen that someone had a couple yellowtops for 90 bucks or something. I'll definately look.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.