OFC vs CCA and why CCA is junk..

You do realize a certified run on an amplifier dyno is a pure torture sine wave that completely stresses the amp causing the amp to pull max current. In every day music, its dynamic and you will never draw that much current and the wire does not even get close to being that stressed. with 500 watts of current the most power you gain is a few extra watts in the single digits. You are just paying double the price for a few extra watts. If that helps you sleep at night then go ahead. Theres plenty of people out there that run CCA with no problems at all and get loud doing so too. Only time when there's failure is when you try to pull more current then the wire is meant for.
I only run cca //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but then again i dont copy and paste things from the internet so wadda i kno

There's plenty of people out there that run CCA with no problems at all and get loud doing so too.
I'm one of those people and use OFC for my speaker runs but use CCA to power the amp, I'm kinda divided on the issue and torn between replacing the CCA with OFC, it's not broke so i can't justify fixing it..

But knowing there may be some extra power to be had will affect my sleep (sadly) but after careful deliberation I just don't think it's worth the extra expense, my system is moderate and has 800 watts total system power, I don't think switching to OFC will make audible difference BUT if i was starting from scratch you can bet your *** both the power cables and speaker runs would be OFC..

this thread is epic fail.

this has been debated many times.

and i dont get it, you want to start conflict about wire and you your self is running cca... wow.

maybe go back to what ever you were doing when you were gone.

What do you guys think of this test

Test is done at OFC's rated current of course the CCA will get hotter since the amount of current running through exceeds the wire's ratings. 150 amp load on a wire rated for 150 amps of current vs. 150 amp load on a wire thats rated for 100 amps of current. hmmm which will get hotter faster?

Again another attempt at brainwash marketing without telling us the exact amperage load its being tested at. So many people asked that in the comments, and they still haven't given an answer to date because they will get exposed.

Not nuthugging on CCA, but I see injustices when people claim its utter junk while plenty of people use it with success when used within its operating limits. The people that used it above operating limits that have problems show up and complain starting this whole train of CCA hate from user error. Its common sense not to use CCA if you use an amp like a DC 3.5k...

test is done at ofc's rated current of course the cca will get hotter since the amount of current running through exceeds the wire's ratings. 150 amp load on a wire rated for 150 amps of current vs. 150 amp load on a wire thats rated for 100 amps of current. Hmmm which will get hotter faster?
Again another attempt at brainwash marketing without telling us the exact amperage load its being tested at. So many people asked that in the comments, and they still haven't given an answer to date because they will get exposed.

Not nuthugging on cca, but i see injustices when people claim its utter junk while plenty of people use it with success when used within its operating limits. The people that used it above operating limits that have problems show up and complain starting this whole train of cca hate from user error. Its common sense not to use cca if you use an amp like a dc 3.5k...
well said....^^

this thread is epic fail.
this has been debated many times.

and i dont get it, you want to start conflict about wire and you your self is running cca... wow.

maybe go back to what ever you were doing when you were gone.
it's stuff like this that makes me want to **** you off, think i will stick around for a while just to irritate you..

I have two runs of CCA 1/0. They are rated "250 amps in a 20' run" My runs are well under 20'. So I can pull say 500 amps through them safely. Fuse ratings for my 2 sub amps are 200 amp each.

$80 for my 2 runs of CCA.

$80 for 1 run of OFC that is rated 375 amps.

Alternator is a 270 amp DC. So Im good with CCA.

I want to buy some 4/0 OFC welding wire to put it to the test and see if I notice any difference. But I have a hard time spending $100 on wire when I doubt ill see any difference at all.

you want to fuckk me ??? ******.
this will be fun........
The missing word starts with a P and ends with S, something you do after drinking liquids..

Only a homosexual would even think about having *** with a man, once again it says a lot about your character..

Since you can't be nice I just added you to my ignore list, maybe you should do the same with me..

The missing word starts with a P and ends with S, something you do after drinking liquids..Only a homosexual would even think about having *** with a man, once again it says a lot about your character..

Since you can't be nice I just added you to my ignore list, maybe you should do the same with me..
wrong again you ***. get it right.

I have two runs of CCA 1/0. They are rated "250 amps in a 20' run" My runs are well under 20'. So I can pull say 500 amps through them safely. Fuse ratings for my 2 sub amps are 200 amp each.
$80 for my 2 runs of CCA.

$80 for 1 run of OFC that is rated 375 amps.

Alternator is a 270 amp DC. So Im good with CCA.

I want to buy some 4/0 OFC welding wire to put it to the test and see if I notice any difference. But I have a hard time spending $100 on wire when I doubt ill see any difference at all.
i have not had any problem with my execution cca wire. if anything just double up. read something last night saying if u use cca just add 25% more cca vs OFC and ur golden

I have not personally run CCA wire but I have a friend running a two battery setup with knu CCa 1/0 plus ground run back to the front battery and big three all Cca and still gets decent voltage drop with a saz1500 @ half ohm but hes also running a kinetic 1800 and stock battery up front with stock alt ....compare that to my system I have two batteries but both xspower and a Vfl175.1 @ half ohm so a lot more power draw and I have two runs of 4ga ofc between the batteries and rear grounded at the chassis. ...so with wire just get a big enough conductor for the amount of power you need to draw ....its more about the supply then the feed lots of different ways to get the current to the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.