nwe-b question

Participant count
  • Participant list

clownboy
10+ year member

I have a 94 camaro and I was looking at doing a stereo system for it, I went and bought a custom box, with 2 JL 10", and I have an alpine 1002 MRV, whatever it is, I was looking at getting a Pioneer Premier DEH-P6800MP, I am going to put a compositor on the subs, I wanted to put 2 tweeters in the doors (where the electronics usually go, my has none) and some 6.5, I know I need another amp and probably a crossover, I was just wondering what should I do for speakers and such, I would like not to spend more that $300-400 on the speakers and amp, I’ll buy the head separate

I have been informed that I’m going get speakers with the tweeters in them, that it is easier, and cheaper, lol I was going for looks, I rally have no clue what I'm doing, I have put a couple systems in, but no capacitors, tweeters, or crossover, just basic head, speakers, amp and sub, nothing like what I want to do, so what set would be better

speakers with the tweeters in them
? do you mean like this:

IMG_0298.jpg

its separate mid and tweeter..but the center cap unscrews and the tweeter has an adaptor that screws the tweet in.

is that what your talking about?

I was looking at doing some 6.5" and then putting in some separate tweeters, or should I get speakers with the tweeters already built into it, like the pioneer

I was looking at doing some 6.5" and then putting in some separate tweeters, or should I get speakers with the tweeters already built into it, like the pioneer, yes a combined like the one you showed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.