Not too much SPL now.

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
I really want some subwoofers that you can feel thumpin' in your chest, but they don't need to be like 47450975057430watts. I'm looking for a fairly cheap budget. Like, say, $500 or $600 dollars for two 12s or 15s, a box, an amp kit, and an amp to power them. Is this possible? Or do I need to put more money into it?

Doubt you can get a system that you'll feel beating on your chest with 500$ if u want 2 subs, a box, wiring, and amp. Youd have to look for really good deals. I didnt feel a 15" off 1k watts..and that was like a 130$ sub and a 150$ amp...wiring was about 70$..box i gues can be made for 20-30$ but like i said..didnt feel it in my chest.

And to above, you wont "feel" 2x type Rs, but i had 2 12 type Rs before and they hurt my ears way more than my 15" Fi did off 1k watts..so they would sound real nice.

Well, I guess I'll just have to pick up some more hours at Macy's to get more money. I always go hard when I buy stuff anyways. But anyways, I drive a 97 Ford Explorer XLT so I have room for anything that is thrown at me.

Well, I guess I'll just have to pick up some more hours at Macy's to get more money. I always go hard when I buy stuff anyways. But anyways, I drive a 97 Ford Explorer XLT so I have room for anything that is thrown at me.
Go with the system I listed and you will be happy. Or go with 1 15 or 18 on the power... Maybe like an Audioque HDC 15 d2 or an 18 d2 (18 is on sale right now) or maybe 2x SDC2.5 12s for a few dollars more.

Thanks guys. I'm just gonna put back like 50% of each paycheck considering I don't have to buy my own gas or insurance, and just wait till christmas and buy a ballin system with two 15's or something. I am kind of happy with the door speakers I put in, I just need that thump from the subwoofers.

I really want some subwoofers that you can feel thumpin' in your chest, but they don't need to be like 47450975057430watts. I'm looking for a fairly cheap budget. Like, say, $500 or $600 dollars for two 12s or 15s, a box, an amp kit, and an amp to power them. Is this possible? Or do I need to put more money into it?
That's determined by the sort of box your sub/subs are in. I'm sure you would "feel" a pair of 15's in the right box on that budget. Like a pair of CVR 15's in a ported box, tuned low. Just an example, but they go for just a little over a hundred a piece and don't need much power.

Audiopipe 1500 - $180Alpine Type R 12 x 2 - $244

Wiring - ~$60

Box - $40 if you build yourself

Total - $524 for a bangin' system
^^ werd.

The man suggested enough to make you feel it in your chest, give you some good design/install experience, and quality enough to show your friends proudly. Guaranteed.

Alot of people run Type-Rrrr's, so you can get a good design for your vehicle easily. The Audiopipe (when properly set up) is one of the best bargains around. Do make sure you have a strong battery, big 3, and atleast 4 ga wiring, though...

I'll sell you my 2 15 RE SEs for 280 shipped, and my Kicker Kx1200.1 for 170 shipped. That's $450 shipped. $150 left for box/wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.