Loudest shallow subwoofer - advice

tubbedz
10+ year member

Junior mint
The girlfriend's car has not much room for bass so I need real advice on any of the subs listed. People who actually heard the product in action. The box has .80 cu ft and 3.5" of mounting depth. We will power the single sub with 300w @ 4-ohms or 500w @ 2-ohms. No we're not building another box or buying another amp, we're only trying to narrow our search for a LOUD, "shallow sub". I heard the RF Punch shallow, Kicker shallow, Pioneer shallow, Kenwood shallow, Sony shallow - all not enough "BOOM" as a single sub.

Diamond Audio Hex S104, single 4-0hm, 150rms

Diamond Audio Hex S124, single 4-ohm, 250rms

Earthquake SWS 10, single 4-ohm, 200rms

Earthquake SWS 12, single 4-ohm, 300rms

Elemental Design SQ10, single 2 or 4 ohm, 250rms

I would buy the JL Audio 13TW5, 3-ohm, 600 rms, as this sub is freakin' LOUD!!! But it's too expensive and I don't have the amp to push it!!

****, if the BM was out it would be perfect. 3.5" total depth, more linear stroke than any of those drivers listed would give it the most displacement so it would probably be the loudest.

****, if the BM was out it would be perfect. 3.5" total depth, more linear stroke than any of those drivers listed would give it the most displacement so it would probably be the loudest.

The BM 12" would be perfect!!!!!! Forgot about the BM's. When will they have it for sale....this is the sub I need!!!!! Dual 4-ohm, 500rms = perfect!! Who sells it??

The BM 12" would be perfect!!!!!! Forgot about the BM's. When will they have it for sale....this is the sub I need!!!!! Dual 4-ohm, 500rms = perfect!! Who sells it??
Stereo Integrity, but sadly I would estimate a minimum of 2 more months before they are available and up to 6 months.

Consider the Memphis S Class subs. I thought about going with these because more than one person told me they sound sick as hell. They look good too.http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/what-up/the-spotlight/
I read everything about the Memphis S Class subs and I really like them, but I never heard them. If the BM's don't come out soon, I may settle for the Memphis S subs. These maybe the ones.....anyone heard them in person ??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I listened to the Earthquakes and Diamond Audios. The 12" Diamond sounds like a "full subwoofer" and not a shallow sub. I heard the Earthquakes but the cone looks a little funny.

I also read alot about RE Audio SL subs. They are a "spiderless" design and I think they can handle 350w/ rms. Looks good on paper.....has anyone heard them?? Also, could not find anywhere online that sells them??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Since the SI BM's are gonna take awhile, has anyone tried the MB Quart Reference series RLP 302 or RLP 304. In the past, I have heard MB Quart subwoofers and they have great SQ, but I haven't heard the RLP line.

I also read about the MB Quart RSH shallow subs, but it looks like the same design as the Diamond Audio's with the NEO magnet mounted in front of the cone. So I am favoring the RLP shallow subs.

The only issue I have is that I hope Rockford did not add a few touches to the MB Quart subs. The Rockford Punch shallow subs were just O.K.

Stereo Integrity, but sadly I would estimate a minimum of 2 more months before they are available and up to 6 months.
as mentioned about the Memphis S Class is a great sub. for the price they are worth going with. i admit the BM looks and sounds like it will be nice but its been a couple months away now for over a year. i wouldnt count on it anytime soon. every time its ready to release or supposed to something happens and you get the same story. a couple more months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.