New 6.5" Components

DT-Out of what you have listed the Hertz would be my pick. I run the older HSK165 in my Focus. You can find them on ebay ect. for $200 to $250. The newest one's will run you more coin but IMO they are worth it.
Between the older HSK and HAT Imagine. The tweeter on the Hertz is a little better, the midrange is equal and the midbass is a little better on the HSK. The HAT Clarus line is the competitor to the Hertz HSK line. The Imagine line do a **** good job and can come close to the HSK though.
Excellent info, thanks a ton! Hopefully it was helpful for the OP too.

CDT Audio CL-62 6.5" Component Set
I keep reading that the CDT tweets are super bright.

;6935121']Excellent info' date=' thanks a ton! Hopefully it was helpful for the OP too.

I keep reading that the CDT tweets are super bright.[/quote']there really not bright not nearly as bright as say focal or those hard domes.. im sure you can get the drt 25s with the cl 62 mids for 275 or so..

if you want more calm highs look for soft dome tweeters. any type of metal tweeter seems to be bright, that is nothing an eq wont fix but some people just dont try hard enough. I personally like my MB quart PCE 216's with titanium tweeters, they cost under $120

you cna get the DRT 26s for 120 you cna get the CDT HD mids for about 160 and you can get some dayton audio xovers for about 30 bucks... that would be a excellent set as well..the HD mids are really nice the new upgraded mids sound as good as my ES mids.. i love the drt 26s as well there very nice for the money.. they come in soft alum and ti domes..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.