5.25" Component Speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kevin Boyer
10+ year member

My new 2009 Ford F150 Supercrew has speakers in the front doors, and if I did my research correctly, it looks like the doors have a "plate" in them instead of separates. I did a search on Crutchfield with all the parameters for my truck, and it says I need a Universal 6"x 8" to 5.25" bracket, which I take to mean, I would then have to use 5.25" drivers in the doors. The tweeters could go anywhere in the door or elsewhere I suppose. Anyone have any experience with this?

I had been contemplating using Hybrid Audio 6.5 components, but now I'm not sure. I see they have the Legatia L41-2 which is a 4.65" driver. I'm really confused now. I thought I had my new system all set, but this throws a monkey wrench into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any recommendations on 5.25 component sets? I had been solely looking at 6.5 sets up till now. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

http://www.12velectronics.com/servlet/the-86/HAT-Hybrid-Audio-Technologies/Detail

Kevin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.