New 12" Subwoofers

Stealtharsenal

Hello all,

I have two Audiobahn AW1206T subwoofers at the moment. One has recently started smoking and burning up and needs replacement. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of an equivalent 12-inch subwoofer to the AW1206T (Same cutout diameter and wattage). I have everything wired in parallel with 2-ohm operation (approximately 800 watts RMS to each sub). They are each powered by an Audiobahn A8000T amplifier .

I have been looking at the following two subs:

PIONEER TS-W3002D4

Audiobahn ALUM12J

Both subs are relatively the same dimensions and should fit my box enclosure. The Pioneers are more of a direct fit but the Audiobahn will squeak in. What is everyones opinion of those two subs or are there other suggestions? Like I said, I am looking the same cutout diameter and RMS ratings.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

expand your mind brah, many more subs out there. take some time and RESEARCH some different brands. come up with a budget and make the RIGHT CHOICE the first time

Maybe I should have stated this before hand, but I am not looking to spend a ton of money. I am not looking to spend more than the $300 for both subs. I can get the Pio's for $250 (2 of them brand new) and the Audiobahn's for $200 (2 of them brand new). The SSA subs are more than I want to spend for just one. I have looked at several others already, but as I suggested previously, I am trying to stay within the dimensions of my box right now. I built the box a while ago, and do not have any interest in modifying it. When I start the stereo for my brand new duramax, I will look into Icons.

you sir are a noob.

now both lines are subs, are trash.

the SSA are expensive, but what we call around here...Quality.

if you can get it from walmart of best buy, typically we stay away.

now take that 300 and buy 1 great sub, instead of 2 mehh subs... alright?

you can still find 2 good subs for around 300... if your looking at 12's...

dc level 2, possibly 3 (cant remember exact prices for 12's off the top of my head)

ssa dcons would be alot better than any audiobahn or pioneer crap.... for 125 a piece... one ICON would sound better than 2 audiobahns for 259

AQ hdc3 12 for 220 a piece.. very solid subs...

many more choices... but please, for the love of god, stay away from best buy label crap.... those subs are just pure junk.... you may not think that now, cuz you havent had any really nice subs... but once you do, you'll understand

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.