Need some advice for my bros system

Participant count
  • Participant list

koss2010
10+ year member

K first off the car is SMALL .. the rear speakers arent that far from the listener

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP HU

Infinity Reference 4012i 2-Way Speaker on the front

now if your familiar with 4012i .. there only 4 inches and dont deliver much bass, ironically his rear speakers are factory 6.5" so im thinking about putting a woofer in there, but first i got some questions

1. If im running 6.5" woofers in the back, is there any way i can send only the lows to the back and mid/highs to the front ?

2. Any recommendations for 6.5" woofers that pack some strong mid bass (remeber running of HU) ?

3. If i send full range to the rear and the woofers are rated up to 2k would high frequency ranges damage the woofer ?

K first off the car is SMALL .. the rear speakers arent that far from the listener
Pioneer DEH-P2900MP HU

Infinity Reference 4012i 2-Way Speaker on the front

now if your familiar with 4012i .. there only 4 inches and dont deliver much bass, ironically his rear speakers are factory 6.5" so im thinking about putting a woofer in there, but first i got some questions

1. If im running 6.5" woofers in the back, is there any way i can send only the lows to the back and mid/highs to the front ?

2. Any recommendations for 6.5" woofers that pack some strong mid bass (remeber running of HU) ?

3. If i send full range to the rear and the woofers are rated up to 2k would high frequency ranges damage the woofer ?
1. don't do it because it will definitely screw up the imaging. all the sound should feel like it's coming from the front..

2. if you are looking for something cheap, the mach 5 6.5" woofer packs quite a punch and are quite usable with some eq. best thing is, it's only 17 bucks a pop.

3. it really depends on the woofer but most can handle it, some will sound like crap due to cone breakup or distortion etc. Again, i wouldn't do it because it pulls back the sound stage which is definitely not a good thing.

1. don't do it because it will definitely screw up the imaging. all the sound should feel like it's coming from the front..
2. if you are looking for something cheap, the mach 5 6.5" woofer packs quite a punch and are quite usable with some eq. best thing is, it's only 17 bucks a pop.

3. it really depends on the woofer but most can handle it, some will sound like crap due to cone breakup or distortion etc. Again, i wouldn't do it because it pulls back the sound stage which is definitely not a good thing.
hmmm but the speakers are pointed diagonally as in the rear right speaker aims towards the front driver

And i thought bass doesent kill sound stage just mids/highs which will still be coming from the front

hmmm but the speakers are pointed diagonally as in the rear right speaker aims towards the front driver
And i thought bass doesent kill sound stage just mids/highs which will still be coming from the front
what do you mean by bass? how low are the mids going to be crossed? i think sound is nondirectional below 200 hz so you'd want the mids to play at least that low. however, because you have a 4" i'm not sure how well that would work out... I would still want all the sound to be upfront...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.