Need help with HO alt - PROs only please

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatryan
5,000+ posts

Banned
I got an 03 accord v6 and i found a killer deal on a 260a iraggi but it was designed for 04-05 accord v6's. apparently, for whatever reason, in 03 they used a dif alt. well i decided to buy it up anyways incase it fits and if not i could at least make my money back. i just got it in today and checked it out. theres 2 "hookups" or whatever. 1 is the standard bolt that outputs the current produced by the alt. the second is some factory honda clip thing (im assuming a sensor to tell the alt to turn on). i compared it to mine and while the bolt and clip are in different place on mine, the clip fits perfectly into the new alt. as it is, it wont reach the new location, but the wire going to the clip is bolted down. i think if i unbolt it ill have enough slack to plug it in. so now im thinking the only issue is whether or not it will bolt onto the block exactly the same way as my stock alt. i would think so but i cant see the bottom bolt from the top of the engine bay. i think my only options is just to try and fit it in. i just want to make sure there are NO other possible issues besides fitment. i know the basics about how alts work, but i do not know EVERYTHING. what do you guys think?

make sure you read his feedback before ordering from dominick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
im not ordering from him, i already bought it from a forum member. but what did you mean by that?

Read the thread HOSS he ALREADY bought it!http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284442&highlight=honda+HO+alt+sale

As for the OP here is the link but it doesn't say he doen't know if it fits.It just says these are the DIRECT bolt ons.Check with him he will help just shoot him an email.

NVM I see.

I'm sure he can find out now that you have purchased it.
he later says:

They used a different style alternator in the 03 model but the mounting may be the same. Not sure tho.
but at the end of page one says he thinks it will fit cause its a "delco version of the same alt"

i dont see why honda would change the bolton pattern of identical bodystyles. im like 99.9% sure it will fit *knocks on wood* lol but i just want to make sure about everything else (electrical issues)

If it mounts up fine, the belt lines up fine, and its the same plug I would think it would be ok. Might want to find a wiring diagram for both years and compare the wires in the plug.

I know for my truck getting the right regulator was important, maybe Dom could verify the internal reg is the same on both your year and the alt you bought.

If it mounts up fine, the belt lines up fine, and its the same plug I would think it would be ok. Might want to find a wiring diagram for both years and compare the wires in the plug.
I know for my truck getting the right regulator was important, maybe Dom could verify the internal reg is the same on both your year and the alt you bought.
well i wouldnt even know what to do with the wiring diagrams lol. but i just emailed dom. well see what he says.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.