Need help with golf cart system!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
ok we have a 36 volt ez go golf cart. its 2 seater with the 2 seats u can put on the back. I was thinking one or 2 8" subs built under seat where batteries are then 2 6.5s up front. and 2 more 6.5s under seat as well. for this im thinking a 5 channel amp will be best. but my only issue is placement. Has anyone else done a golf cart system and if so where are your amps??

yes i've done a few golf carts. no idea why you want to put anything other than subs under the seat?

speakers up front are a given, obviously a marine HU as well, usually in the pockets. marine coaxial, nothing fancy, high efficiency is best (90dB+). something that can get wet.

some marine 8's under the seat are doable, but don't sacrifice enclosure volume for cone area or an amplifier location. if you can fit subs under the seat, a small amp is no problem.

I've actually been surprised by Powerbass marine speakers. they were better than Clarion and Alpine. A small full-range Class-D marine amp would fit under the seat, but we'd need to see pics and know the dimensions to be sure. Alpine has one.

A 4 channel amp is all you need. two channels to the speakers, bridge the other two to the sub(s).

note that you will drain one battery more than the others, which will shorten it's life and the overall range.

ice-custom-golf-cart.jpg

yes i've done a few golf carts. no idea why you want to put anything other than subs under the seat?
speakers up front are a given, obviously a marine HU as well, usually in the pockets. marine coaxial, nothing fancy, high efficiency is best (90dB+). something that can get wet.

some marine 8's under the seat are doable, but don't sacrifice enclosure volume for cone area or an amplifier location. if you can fit subs under the seat, a small amp is no problem.

I've actually been surprised by Powerbass marine speakers. they were better than Clarion and Alpine. A small full-range Class-D marine amp would fit under the seat, but we'd need to see pics and know the dimensions to be sure. Alpine has one.

A 4 channel amp is all you need. two channels to the speakers, bridge the other two to the sub(s).

note that you will drain one battery more than the others, which will shorten it's life and the overall range.
i was thinkin of mounting the amp on the bottom of the seat as well...into that wood

i did a center console sub box and amp under the seat.. wierd u mentioned this I have had one half done for years and just getting it done now... bagged it and waiting on paint

i did a center console sub box and amp under the seat.. wierd u mentioned this I have had one half done for years and just getting it done now... bagged it and waiting on paint
See we did paint first then rims. Now finally the system. Jus can't decide how to do it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.