Need help going active!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nonten03
10+ year member

sapulpa
Alright I got the Imagine Hybrid audio serious, rockford fosgate amp, and a pioneer 80prs.

What things should i check for before i power my speakers?

What are the switches for my amp x-over HP,AP,LP. is that High pass, active pass and low pass? and which would should i put it on if im going active through my HU?

If someone can give me their number or message me through here to help me through this, it would be much appreciated

to go active you need an electronic crossover and a 4ch amp for every two sets of comps you plan to run 1ch will go to each mid and each tweeter and the x-over point will be controlled before the amp, also ap stands for all pass, you may want to do some reading or try bi-amping first through passive crossovers until you understand how it works, I've done bi-amping but never tried active but from what I hear it takes a good amount of tuning to get it right.

I thought there is a cross over built in my hu? What setting should I set my amp on?
Is your amp a 4channel? if so AP is the setting you want since all signal will be handled by your HU assuming it's active capable, just make sure your tweeters are crossed at the correct point or you will destroy them almost instantly.

I just glanced at the hu features and it says it has high and low x-overs, but I didn't see anything about it playing active? my jvc has x-overs both low and high as well but it's not active capable I would need and external electronic crossover, see if you can get up with DCTC on here he has a VERY NICE active setup and it's done right for sure he could tell you the ins and outs of it but like I said it's kind of complicated to get it to sound right and not really something a beginner should be trying.

Is your amp a 4channel? if so AP is the setting you want since all signal will be handled by your HU assuming it's active capable, just make sure your tweeters are crossed at the correct point or you will destroy them almost instantly.
yes it is and how do i make sure it's the correct point?

so do i just make sure my volume is already down? or should i just set up my HU for my speakers and tweets before wire them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.