Need help finding a sub-100 dollar reciever

Participant count
  • Participant list

Longfoehammer

I am completely new to the car audio scene, so excuse me if i don't know what i am talking about.

I purchased and installed a Sony CDX-GT57UP, and its pretty good, except the USB port does not charge my android phone (HTC One S). I can't find any information on what the usb port power supply is, so i have no clue if its the head unit's problem, or my phone.

I am looking to replace the unit, and am looking at the:

• JVC KD-X40
  • Pioneer DEH-2400UB

I found that the JVC usb port can supply 1 amp through the port; is that enough to charge my phone?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The USB spec for general use is 900 mA maximum, 5A for charging devices. Head units generally don't go over 1A as it's a safety hazard with the risk of melting the connection. It's not designed to keep up with constant use of the device. You may need to use a 3.5 mm stereo aux cable or Bluetooth and charge the phone separately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.