Need help choosing a sub.

James84
10+ year member

Out of the 5 listed below, which is the best all around? Or if you can recommend a better/equal product at around the same price of $500.

ZCON 18'' Sound Solutions Audio-2250rms

Sundown Audio Z v3 18"-1500rms

Skar Audio ZVX-18''-1500rms

Death Penalty 18'' Incriminator Audio-1500rms (could get a 21'' for $90 more)

Mayhem 18'' Ascendant Audio-2500rms

FYI, it will be powered by Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3. Thank you.

well all of those subs will laugh at a saz1500 ..so might think about getting a bigger amp or a sub that will do better on that power

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

all of those subs are pretty good choices btw

my buddy had a zv3 on a saz 3500 it was nasty ..but all of those are good choices ..really depends on your situation ...check how.much space ya got and what sub fits ur needs best ..some subs like alot bigger boxes than others ..im sure ppl will chime in and help out

I'd bet 80% of the parts of all those subs are made at the same 2 factories in China.

Make sure you have enough space to run an 18 properly, pick whichever one you like or whichever you believe will give you the best customer service if anything happens bad.

^^^^ this ..like i said those subs are all pretty much similar ....it def comes down to reputation and cust service goes a long way..please make sure u got room for a 18 dont go shovin it in a 3 cube box just to say u have a 18

could also add in the HDC4. Really depends upon your goals/listening preferences as any of those subs in the right enclosure should perform well...

could also add in the HDC4. Really depends upon your goals/listening preferences as any of those subs in the right enclosure should perform well...
yes i would ef add the hdc4 to the list great sub ..although aq needs to get stronger soft parts if there gona have such beefy motors

yes i would ef add the hdc4 to the list great sub ..although aq needs to get stronger soft parts if there gona have such beefy motors
I've been running AQ for 5-6 years now. HD's, HDC's, and HDC4's. Have blown ONE sub and that was on purpose. HDC3 with 2 3500's at 1ohm each. Took about 12 minutes full tilt playing down to 29hz.

I always hear about soft part issues, but have never seen them first hand. I recone a LOT of subs and AQ is far from being at the top of the list...

I've been running AQ for 5-6 years now. HD's, HDC's, and HDC4's. Have blown ONE sub and that was on purpose. HDC3 with 2 3500's at 1ohm each. Took about 12 minutes full tilt playing down to 29hz.
I always hear about soft part issues, but have never seen them first hand. I recone a LOT of subs and AQ is far from being at the top of the list...
then sell me a pair of hdc3 12.s that u been runnin ..im runnin dd 3512.s now...but yea i alot of torn spiders and such round here

I'd ditch the Skar for sure. If you are only running one sub with that 3500, I'd say the ZCON. Power handling is above the others besides the Mayhem, and will probably sound better than the Mayhem.

I'd ditch the Skar for sure. If you are only running one sub with that 3500, I'd say the ZCON. Power handling is above the others besides the Mayhem, and will probably sound better than the Mayhem.
There's nothing wrong with Skar subs

Zcon would be my choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.