Need Advice On System For Truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikeyNC

I have a 90 Chevy 1500 pickup that we just completely renovated. New motor, paint, seats, carpet, etc. Now I need some type of stereo system besides the piece of junk factory unit with broken speakers. I do not want to install a sub & amp due to limited interior space but I would like to have something that would give me decent bass. I know you experts out there will tell me, no subs-no bass. I just don't want to go that much into a system. Is there head units and speakers that I could get to give me decent bass without an amp/subs? The stock speakers were four 4x6 speakers. Where could I put some slightly larger ones? The guy at Best Buy said what I want is not possbile...Helppp....

I have a 90 Chevy 1500 pickup that we just completely renovated. New motor, paint, seats, carpet, etc. Now I need some type of stereo system besides the piece of junk factory unit with broken speakers. I do not want to install a sub & amp due to limited interior space but I would like to have something that would give me decent bass. I know you experts out there will tell me, no subs-no bass. I just don't want to go that much into a system. Is there head units and speakers that I could get to give me decent bass without an amp/subs? The stock speakers were four 4x6 speakers. Where could I put some slightly larger ones? The guy at Best Buy said what I want is not possbile...Helppp....
A 4x6 is going to be awful and it was the worst thing they ever put in those trucks. If you don't want to spend money there really isn't anything you can do. You can put a 6 1/2" in that door above the pocket if you are willing to cut the door panel. I believe in that year model there is an open spot in the sheet metal behind the panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.