need a system

speedpenguin

I just bought a 99 mustang, and I don't want to put the system from my old car into the new one. I want to get a good mp3 deck, an amp for a sub or two, and then add speakers later on. I'd like to get a recommendation for everything. I wanted sony at first, because it'd match my car, but I hear that the xplod aren't that great, so i'm starting anew.

I had a 240 watt phoenix gold sub powered by a 400 watt koiler on 2 channels bridged. That hit pretty hard, but I want something more, like 400 watt rms on the sub atleast, and then an amp to power that. If you can offer good speakers and an amp for those as well, that'd be great. I have 6x8s all around, but could get adapter plates if need be. I don't plan on doing competitions, so the super high end stuff is not necessary.

For having 2 amps in the future, are two amp preouts the easiest route, from on the deck. Or can I easily splice (or whatever you have to do) the preamp outs for the two amps. Thanks a lot:p

If you want something that hists real hard and sounds real good, and Im not just being bias, look into some JL Audio w3's. Ive got a pair of 12s that I love. If you put em in a nice and tightly sealed box, theyll hit extremely clean and hard. I got mine from ebay for 312 dollars for both of them, and I got my punch 500s to push em both for 245, I saved a bundle buying off of ebay. And the best part it was all brand new sealed in the factory box!!!!!

I need more suggestions, I'm spending a lot of time trying to figure out which amp and subs to get, but i still can't really make a good choice. I want probably just one sub now, 10" or 12", with atleast 300 watts rms, and a good amp to push only that one sub, at atleast 300 watts rms. Thanks

i'm just a newb so I'm not "Mr. Advice" But many people have suggested Jbl Amps as for the woofers you know more than I.

Also I was wondering If you could run an all around good systen with and amp and woofers or not because woofers only hit low end stuff, I have no idea, help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.