My engine build

Dont swap the b16 block in there. You already have the hard work done now use your rods from the ls in your car already and put the pr3 pistons from the b16 on them and make and ls/vtec. You need to replace the water/oil pump and timing belt when swapping anyway and your old non vtec dizzy isnt gonna work so might as well keep the displacement and make much more power.
That b16 will be a dog in your car since they make no torque and also only make 130-140ish whp but the ls/vtec that you already have will have more displacement and longer stroke with the ls crank and will easily make way more hp.
I agree completely, and the ls/vtec motor with proper bolt ons and a PnP head and you are looking at close to 200hp and 175 ft lbs tq...They are very nice motors...Had one in a 91 teg and it was **** fast....

im gonna have to agree with everyone else here...

use your block, get your rods shot-peened and arp bolts installed, use the stock or use those p30's...

had a n/a cr-vtec in my old teg that would put down 200+whp..

to the guy who said honda engines are junk, they last forever if taken care of, they are not junk. Now to the person who mentioned the H22, the H22 and H23 had this lovely thing from the factory called FRM(if i remember correctly) the FRM was a coating on the cyclinder walls that made it impossible to run forged pistons (boosted apps) without scoring the cyclinder walls. The blocks needed iron sleeves pressed in, it got expensive quick. I will however say this...

theres no replacement for displacement... except boost. An all motor B16A just seems like a waste to me, might as well slap a busa motor in there lol

I agree completely, and the ls/vtec motor with proper bolt ons and a PnP head and you are looking at close to 200hp and 175 ft lbs tq...They are very nice motors...Had one in a 91 teg and it was **** fast....
lol at 200hp= fast.

wow that is weird. I was going to post my new plans on here today and someone suggested it. LS/VTEC is what I'm doing now. Poor man's Type R //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Instead of using some money for a b16 tranny I am going to use it for a Golden Eagle Vtec kit.

I'm going to take the water pump, oil pump and JDM P30 Pistons and put those on my ls block. Also gonna upgrade the rods so it'll be able to rev higher.

I'm going to start taking apart the b16 block tonight or tomorrow. Also got these finally

B16 Distributor

PICT0354.jpg

And a steel head gasket but leaving it in packaging.

PICT0355.jpg

yay for another riceburner on the street:(. haha nice though man gl with the engine build/swap. i'll race u in my hot rod;).
Lol I'm far from a ricer in most peoples definition of the word. My car is completely stock on the exterior except for the Acura Ls Web wheels I put on and lowering it. I lowered it though for the handling mostly. I'll race you in my hotrod:) my slow El Camino

wow that is weird. I was going to post my new plans on here today and someone suggested it. LS/VTEC is what I'm doing now. Poor man's Type R //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Instead of using some money for a b16 tranny I am going to use it for a Golden Eagle Vtec kit.

I'm going to take the water pump, oil pump and JDM P30 Pistons and put those on my ls block. Also gonna upgrade the rods so it'll be able to rev higher.

I'm going to start taking apart the b16 block tonight or tomorrow. Also got these finally

B16 Distributor

PICT0354.jpg

And a steel head gasket but leaving it in packaging.

PICT0355.jpg
BE CAREFUL WITH THE GOLDEN EAGLE VTEC KIT!!

Ya its easy to install and everything but if i could go back i would just drill my block!

The dowels on my kit didnt fit. so that set me back two weeks for them to send me new ones.

Then it took FOREVER to finally get the oil adaptor to stop leaking!

Went from shop to shop trying to get some advice.!

finally after trial and error!

i torque down the oil adaptor to 80lbs!

it doesnt say this in the kit but i looked up the torque specs on the size of bolt it has on it! used thread locker and used RTV!

and so far it hasnt leaked.

*im just scared to see what happens next time i change my oil!

BE CAREFUL WITH THE GOLDEN EAGLE VTEC KIT!!
Ya its easy to install and everything but if i could go back i would just drill my block!

The dowels on my kit didnt fit. so that set me back two weeks for them to send me new ones.

Then it took FOREVER to finally get the oil adaptor to stop leaking!

Went from shop to shop trying to get some advice.!

finally after trial and error!

i torque down the oil adaptor to 80lbs!

it doesnt say this in the kit but i looked up the torque specs on the size of bolt it has on it! used thread locker and used RTV!

and so far it hasnt leaked.

*im just scared to see what happens next time i change my oil!
hmm. I know a few friends who did the kit and it's worked but maybe I'll look into that thanks

Well I was expecting to have this done by now but am just now starting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Should be done by november since I am saving up for a few more parts and am busy a lot. Today though I am taking the pistons out of the b16 and have a few pics.

PICT0417.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

Some internal are usdm because I saw it says pr3 on the rods. Unless the japanese motors say pr3 on them because I know the only thing changed from the us and the japan version are the p30 pistons

I've only scanned the thread, but I can already say...

lol

To the HS kid building a teg, props. Not many HS kids can say that they're building an engine.

To whothe****ever says Honda motors are junk, you're an idiot. Would I build one for a race car? No. Is it possible? Yes, and they're definitely good engines.

To whoever suggested a 1G DSM, remember, this is a HS kid. DSMs need an adult budget, and an adult driver to make them worthwhile. The 4G63 is a bad ass engine, and DSMs are pretty bad ass cars, but not for a HS kid.

I've only scanned the thread, but I can already say...

lol

To the HS kid building a teg, props. Not many HS kids can say that they're building an engine.

To whothe****ever says Honda motors are junk, you're an idiot. Would I build one for a race car? No. Is it possible? Yes, and they're definitely good engines.

To whoever suggested a 1G DSM, remember, this is a HS kid. DSMs need an adult budget, and an adult driver to make them worthwhile. The 4G63 is a bad ass engine, and DSMs are pretty bad ass cars, but not for a HS kid.
thanks man!

Doing some homework right now and will take some pics of the pistons out in a few hours

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.