My engine build

I know pretty much nothing at all about tuner cars and have little interest in them but I absolutely respect anyone turning their own wrenches and building their vehicle whatever it may be.

Good luck on it and hope it turns out good.

should be fun.im going to be building my extra motor pretty soon here now that i have a garage.
yeah I'm really looking forward to it. Do you have the motor yet?

I know pretty much nothing at all about tuner cars and have little interest in them but I absolutely respect anyone turning their own wrenches and building their vehicle whatever it may be.
Good luck on it and hope it turns out good.
Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I won't have any updates for a few days because I had to special order the headgasket and distributor but once they are here I'll be able to put the engine together and in on one of my days off.

yeah I'm really looking forward to it. Do you have the motor yet?

Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I won't have any updates for a few days because I had to special order the headgasket and distributor but once they are here I'll be able to put the engine together and in on one of my days off.

yup, just gotta take it out of my gsx and start building it

thats cool i was thinking about getting a civic or integ since i know alot of ppl with parts and knowledge about them and i really need to save gas but i dont wanna get jacked for my ****

my cousin mike from seattle does swaps out of his house that take him about a day or two

Honda motors are junk... why not get a 1g DSM or something?

Anywho, if you're gonna put something into a Civic, don't mod it because you're an eyesore for thieves and cops. In my area you are at least.

Hondas are meant for one thing, economic efficiency.

Either way, good luck on the setup. And don't just slap a turbo on any car, that's bounds for permanent dismissal!

Anywho, if you're gonna put something into a Civic, don't mod it because you're an eyesore for thieves and cops. In my area you are at least.

Either way, good luck on the setup. And don't just slap a turbo on any car, that's bounds for permanent dismissal!
Honda motors are far from junk! The only engine that ever was bad was the B21a1 because the cylinder walls were real thin.

The B series was already so advanced in the 90's. The B16's may only make 160-170 stock but that is in a light car and factory tuned. They're easy to make even more powerful and are easy to build.

Honda engines were made for fuel economy but when you have the K Series, B Series and H series you get the economy of a honda eninge plus a sports car engine. They added the 3rd lobe on the camshaft that isn't in use the whole time for gas mileage but once you pass a set rpm and the 3rd lobe starts to move making two rocker arms one big one.

I don't see how a real dependable engine that can put out so much power and get good gas mileage can be junk. Almost all honda engines past 200,000 easy.

As for my car getting stolen, I'm not gonna let the fear of thieves decide what cars I drive. I have some security things done to my car nobody knows about. I would much rather drive a car and have an engine I want and have to deal with the possibility of my car getting stolen than driving a minivan or some old car.

Thanks though, and I'm not putting a turbo on. I'm all about all motor

next week though I'll have all my parts together. I wanted to do the swap this week but some parts didn't show and a local store ordered my head gasket for the car but they sent me one for a ford truck:confused:

should be a nice little engine when you finish it. I'm about to buy a 1978 Chevy K10 and pull the engine, rebuild it, and swap it into my 74 Chevy C10. 383 stroker FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif get a shitbox dsm and a vehicle to follow it to pick up parts. talk about money pits.

anyway, nice project, thats my favorite style integra. dont see to many that clean.

Dont swap the b16 block in there. You already have the hard work done now use your rods from the ls in your car already and put the pr3 pistons from the b16 on them and make and ls/vtec. You need to replace the water/oil pump and timing belt when swapping anyway and your old non vtec dizzy isnt gonna work so might as well keep the displacement and make much more power.

That b16 will be a dog in your car since they make no torque and also only make 130-140ish whp but the ls/vtec that you already have will have more displacement and longer stroke with the ls crank and will easily make way more hp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.