MECA for me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Moocow16
10+ year member

Master of Puppets
Detroit
i was thinking about starting to compete in some spl comp, but i really don't know what i should do. i was thinking doing MECA, and then doing CS3 i think. my setup will be 2 15" k series powered by a USX-1000D. should i go with meca, or with iasca, or what? also, since i've never been to a comp before, do you guys use sine waves or do you play an actual song? one last thing, can you place the mic anywhere, or is there some set parameters as to where you can place it? thanks for all your help in advance:)

any help at all would be nice:) even if it's a "got no clue", at least then i know people are reading my questions:)

From what ive herd the mic is placed on the dash 2. k series 15's........ how much does that put out? i thought the rms on the k series is low i think they play song and frequecy tests and give u a score for both usally u can go to your local car audio place and get a decible rating that way u know what youll hit beofre u get in the contest

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 From what ive herd the mic is placed on the dash 2. k series 15's........ how much does that put out? i thought the rms on the k series is low i think they play song and frequecy tests and give u a score for both usally u can go to your local car audio place and get a decible rating that way u know what youll hit beofre u get in the contest
uh, you mean you thought they can't handle that much right(not put out)? anyways, the k-series are rated at 400wrms but in reality can handle upwards of 1kw rms, or at least i've heard. loyd knows everything about them though.

yeah talk to loyd. he's a meca world champ so you can't go wrong. speaking of loyd if you read this before i get a chance to talk to you on AOL i need to holla at you bro.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Moocow16

10+ year member
Master of Puppets
Moocow16
Detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date