MDF is hazardous!

ultimate157
5,000+ posts

Engineering Student
I was curious and did a google search for MDF and this is what turned up:

Disadvantages: -MDF can be dangerous to use if the correct safety precautions are not taken. MDF contains a substance called urea formaldehyde, which may be released from the material through cutting and sanding. Urea formaldehyde may cause irritation to the eyes and lungs. Proper ventilation is required when using it and facemasks are needed when sanding or cutting MDF with machinery. The dust produced when machining MDF is very dangerous. Masks and goggles should always be worn at all times. Due to the fact that MDF contains a great deal of glue the cutting edges of your tools will blunt very quickly.
Found that interesting to read... Anyone heard of this before?

i know when i cut\sand it, my eye's are itchy, but i thought it was just the dust in the air and paid no attention

formaldehyde's in MDF, masonite, fiberboard, particle board, and pretty much any other pressed pulp-based product.

that's why you feel so good after you finish a new box.

it's the wet kicking in.

I know people that have smoke pot laced in formaldehyde. They said that it was like being paralized. I told them they were ****ing stupid. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

my boss told me he tried it once back when he was heavy into drugs

he said

" i was so ****ed up that i had to go through the drivethrough to get beer, cause i couldn't get out of my car"

too ****ed up to stand, but fine to drive to the drivethrough? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I work with some characters, man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

and if he's been there and done that, you know there's people out there doing the same thing right now.........

this world is ****ed up

yeah I got a quarter pound of some **** that was dipped, cured, and chopped in pure formaldehyde. Pure black, tasted like ****, but it ****ed you up beyond belief, I ended up keeping 2 or 3 joints and sold the rest for $400

my boss told me he tried it once back when he was heavy into drugs
he said

" i was so ****ed up that i had to go through the drivethrough to get beer, cause i couldn't get out of my car"

too ****ed up to stand, but fine to drive to the drivethrough? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I work with some characters, man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

and if he's been there and done that, you know there's people out there doing the same thing right now.........

this world is ****ed up
"holy **** guys im so high i cant even stand up, lets hop in the car and go get some beer!"

uvaquote5.jpg

me and my boy call that **** "the drip" because the next couple days after we make a box we be hockin that **** up.
x2.

I always end up coughing some of it up or blowing it out of my nose. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thats one other nice thing about working with birch, WAAAAAAY less dusty.

Everyone NEEDS to wear a mask. I didn't use to, and now I'm stuck with a chronic cough that will never go away basically. You can't just open your lungs and scoop it out. Same stuff happens to painters, so just be careful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.