maxima bose sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

TIGERFOR2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ALBANY,NY
My brothers bose sub stopped working. I pushed to cone and it started playing. So i'm sure its blown. He has a 2000 Nissan Maxima. I checked crutchfield for a replacement. They offer an 8 "10" 12" replacement. Has anyone ever replaced one? Whats in there an 8,10 or 12? Is it a 2 or 4ohm? Will the replacement need to be free air?

He has two powerbass 15" amp and box. But he doesnt want to use up all his trunk space. Why would adding everything be cheaper than replacing and 8 or 10?

O work on these a lot but for the life of me cant remember the impedence.

He sasid he doesnt want to use the trunk space up so why is everyone suggesting to build a big system. IMO if the crutchfield subs are drop inreplacements for bose systems id get it form them. Otherwise youre looking at a dealership, and sacrificing an arm and a leg.

My ex had a Nissan Maxima (older model) and one of the Bose speakers died so I called Bose and they have a flat rate for repair. Maybe you can call them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.