sub impedances?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Looney_Tune
10+ year member

F**k How You Feel
Killeen,TX
Ive been looking at two subs...one says dual .7 and the other says dual 1.4 ohms....which one would I need to get for my amp to see a 1ohm load? Are these basically dual 1 and dual 2 or are they what they actually say? I dont think my amp would like anything lower than 1ohm...

yes they are basically d1 and d2

they are giving you the actual resistance of the coils, which some companies round up to d1 and d2.

the d1.4 coil should put you close enough to 1 ohm to run your amp, although some amps won't run at .7 actual ohms

I'd help if I knew enough about it, But some one who does will get on and say the .7's in prallel/series with box rise impedence will put you where you want to be or something.

yes they are basically d1 and d2
they are giving you the actual resistance of the coils, which some companies round up to d1 and d2.

the d1.4 coil should put you close enough to 1 ohm to run your amp, although some amps won't run at .7 actual ohms
ok....thanks. My amp is in my sig btw...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.