SOLD MA HK4000D Modded - $350 shipped! | Audioque HD3 15" - $150 for PICKUP Louisville, KY

prochobo
10+ year member

Sedan Sleeper
I couldn't edit the last post in my older thread with the updated price, so I'm starting a new one. The new price is $350 shipped to the CONUS.

I'm getting rid of this amp because I can't seem to sell my system as a whole and because I'm out of car audio. I got this amp a little over a year ago from Scottie Johnson. This is one of the 8 or so amps he was selling a little while back.

The amp was modded by Scottie Johnson and it involved removing four resistors, but he can't remember which ones. This allows the amp to be ran at lower loads (down to .5ohm to be safe) and higher voltages (16-18v).

I ran the amp at .75 ohms daily for about 6-8 months, then went to 1 ohm daily from there on out after I had my sub reconed to 2 ohm DVC. It's been completely stable and works perfectly.

The only thing you need to watch out for is your electrical system. A stock electrical will not feed this amp; I recommend at least the big 3, upgraded front battery, and an extra battery in the rear. With those upgrades done, I was able to get the most out of it during competitions as well as keep it in the 12v range for daily (music). The protection circuit comes on at or around 10v.

$350 shipped CONUS FIRM (48 states), Paypal only, no trades. $320 if you pick it up.

And here's some pics with it out of my car:

IMG_0516Medium.jpg

IMG_0517Medium.jpg

IMG_0520Medium.jpg

Next up, I have an Audioque HD3 15" 2ohm DVC. It was reconed and has the 12 spoke basket. Works perfectly, no rub, no burnt coils, etc. The white stuff in the pics around the basket is rope caulk which was used when mounting the sub to the box to seal off leaks. It comes off easily.

$150 PICKED UP in Louisville, KY. I will not ship this sub. I repeat, I will not ship this sub. I don't want to end up being a UPS/FedEx horror story and I don't want to let anybody down. Great price for an absolutely outstanding sub.

IMG_0521Medium.jpg

IMG_0522Medium.jpg

PM me if interested.

Yep still have everything. Some people were asking for $300 shipped on the amp. The answer is no. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot and I'm already offering an amazing deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prochobo

10+ year member
Sedan Sleeper
prochobo
louisville, ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date