SOLD F/S-F/T: Alpine PXA-H600

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pantani
10+ year member

St. Louis
Up for sale is an Alpine PXA-H600 Digital Phase Processor. This item can accept inputs from any head unit via 2 fiber optic inputs or RCA inputs. It also has two Ai-Net inputs. This Processor can set time delays, has a parametric eq, and has phase correction. It has an automatic set up for time delay and phase correction. Basically you plug the mic into the unit and engage the automatic set-up. I found that this set up wasn't perfect but got it pretty close and I just had to tweak it a few ms in the time delay to get it just right. The Parametric EQ has 4 bands front and 4 bands rear +/- 9db.

Here is a snipit of what the auto adjustment is trying to do taken from the manual.

Sound reflections are teh cause of much of the distortion that occurs in a vehcile. These reflections are caused by sound from the speakers bouncing off of surfaces like the windows, door panels, headliner, etc. Because these reflected sounds take a more indirect path before reaching your ears, they arrive slightly later than the direct sound. This delay causeses the reflected sounds to be out-of-phase with the direct sound. Naturally, the amount and intensity of these reflected sounds will depend upon the type of vehicle, speakers, and other installation variables. The speaker's characteristic varies depending oupon its enclosure.
Now for the first time in any product, Alpine has developed unique circuitry for the PXA-H600 that can help cancel these reflections. These problems are more audible at low frequencies, therefore the PXA-H600 will automatically compensate for phase shifiting as well as time correction for the Subwoofer. The Front and Rear outputs for full-range satellites can also be adjusted automatically for listening position. When properly adjusted, the music will sound clear and natural.
The original mic that came w/ the unit for auto-setting your processor, toslink cable, Ai-Net cable and wire harness are all included in the sale. The remote control unit for the processor has a small piece of the plastic that has been cracked off and is missing from the unit (see pics). See pictures for physical appearance, I'd say its an 8/10 cosmetically, but at 10/10 functionally.

I'm asking $185 obo+ shipping for the unit.

I have Ebay feedback username: jdallen23

I also just completed a sale to a tijuana_no on the DIYMA forums and am awaiting my i-trader feedback once he receives the CDA-7949 (shipped today) I just sold him.

Processor3.jpg

Processor4.jpg

Processor1.jpg

Processor2.jpg

braden.jpg

Here is an online copy of the manual so you can read about all the bells and whistles.

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_PXA-H600.PDF

Very nice processor you have there. I ran a couple of these in the past along with a CDA-7949 and a CHA-S624 changer. I think that was the best setup I've had so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.