low sub output. =(quick help

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
running ful range and mono amp.

full range amp is giving out signal fine.

im giving the mono amp signal from the full range rca outputs and i get HELLA low output even with gain and bass boost on sub amp all the way up.

wtf why?

i thought my tunning was just wrong or the amp ****** (first time installing it), but i hooked up my ipod to the mono amp and that way i get good bass output.

headunit settings or bad RCA wire.... try swapping the RCA's and seeing if it changes.... otherwise doublecheck all your settings and be sure you don't accidentally have your fader moved all the way forward or something like that...

agreed with previous poster. you should actually get a better signal from the deck, then you do by converting the headphone jack to rca's. probably wiring or settings.

well im just concerned because im getting the low output when i give the mono amp, signal from the full range, i would think the full range amp would just pass the signal it gets from the headunit right to the mono amp.

but i will try connecting rcas right from the head unit, to the mono amp. hopefully that will work.

connecting the ipod...i get better output when i hook up the ipod directly to the mono amp regardless of the amps settings.

thats strange though, shouldnt an amps output rcas give out a good signal? otherwise their useless, no? anyone else ever had an amps outputs send out low quality sound?

well im just concerned because im getting the low output when i give the mono amp, signal from the full range, i would think the full range amp would just pass the signal it gets from the headunit right to the mono amp.
but i will try connecting rcas right from the head unit, to the mono amp. hopefully that will work.

connecting the ipod...i get better output when i hook up the ipod directly to the mono amp regardless of the amps settings.

thats strange though, shouldnt an amps output rcas give out a good signal? otherwise their useless, no? anyone else ever had an amps outputs send out low quality sound?
i've never had a problem using an amps outputs before. do you only have 1 output from the back of the deck?

i have an mtx req5. idk if you know of it? use it to keep everything stock and just send aftermarket quality sound to amps.

this:

6a00d83451b04e69e200e5522a75908834-.jpg

well, it has outputs for 4 channels and sub. but the sub outputs dont work. so i was just trying to pass the the signal the full range amp takes in, to make up for lack of sub output.

Last time I checked, that's what you're initially supposed to do.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know you had a factory HU until I just read and saw it.

its alright.

well i will be returning the sound processor tomorrow, for a replacement.

hopefully i will get back a good and full functioning new one that will solve this problem.

thanks for the response. i'll update this soon. hope this can solve this problem. i've been working on this build for a while now and i kept having problem after problem. connecting the sub was the last step, so hopefully this will also be the last problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.