looking for in dash sound processor

Participant count
  • Participant list

burro breath
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I bought a new car and am getting back into car audio after being out of the hobby for almost 5 years. I will be building a new stereo and want a hifi sound in my car. I will be using 8 inch subwoofers and replacing the door speakers with high end components (havent decided which ones yet). I will be using my old kenwood excelon x993 as a source unit. I remember seeing years ago on this forum someone having a single din digital sound processor underneath their source unit. It looked like a head unit but was only a sound processor. Do they still make those or are new head units have them built in and there is no need for a separate sound processor. Also where can I buy what I am looking for. I know this is probably an off question so if it is pointless then mods please delete

Pioneer P80rs is the head unit with the processor built in. They don't make too many of those anymore. The one you may be referring to could be the Alpine? But I think that was just a controller for the actually processor. It also depends on what you mean by processing, are you going active? It doesn't sound like it since you mentioned component sets. If active processing and time alignment isn't your thing then you can always just buy an in-dash EQ, those are cheaper.

Im not running active. Im going to use my kenwood excelon x993 as a source and want the best sound possible. I remember back like 5 years ago you could buy an in dash processor. Or even a processor that used Bluetooth and a windows computer to be programmed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.