Looking for Feedback On Putting System In 2022 Infinity QX60

Participant count
  • Participant list

happy4ya

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm most likely getting a 2022 Infinity QX60 next week. Like most new cars, it has the "Infotainment" system with the huge screen and all the integrated crap including a "Bose Performance Series 17-Speaker Sound System". I'm hoping to disconnect ALL the existing speakers and transfer the equipment from my current car, only using around 6 speakers total.

I have been searching the web for days and can find absolutely NO info on anyone doing anything to this car. I guess with the way the newer cars are going these days people aren't doing much upgrading, especially to a 17-speaker Bose system, but it still doesn't compare to what's in my car now and I plan on doing the upgrade.

Obviously changing the radio is out, but I have this from my current ride and would like to transfer if possible:
  • Alpine amp (100w rms x 4 for front/rear speakers) and an Alpine 500w monoblock amp (for subs)
  • Polk Audio MM6502 6.5" components in the front
  • Polk Audio MM6902 6x9' coaxials in the rear
  • Rockford Fosgate Punch Dual 10" subs
For anyone with experience with upgrading and integrating stereo equipment into newer cars like this, I'm just wondering if there is anything oddball or different about this car or the existing stereo system that would prevent me from adding the above equipment to it.

I'd like to disconnect every stock speaker and just use my MM6502's for the front doors, the 6x9's in the rear (or if I need a different size I'll order another set of Polk's), and my subs. I'm not sure how much power the Bose system puts out or if there is a separate amp hiding somewhere, but I'm guessing to use what I have now, the easiest way would be to get a line out converter first to connect to the existing speaker lines, and then I can connect my amps.

What I'm really interested in is being able to tune/tweak things. The OEM Bose system has nothing but bass, treble, and some sort of "Bose Enhanced" option. My Pioneer radio I'm using now has built in high/low pass crossovers, a full equalizer, and time alignment which I have all set up and I really want these options so I'm thinking I need to add a DSP to the system. If anyone could recommend a decent but not crazy expensive one that would be good for a basic system like mine that would give me those options (high/low pass crossovers, a full equalizer, and time alignment) that would be great. If there are any decent DSP's that have speaker level inputs (or built in LOC), even better.

Also, can a decent LOC/DSP combo really do some magic and make the system sound as good as the feed coming from my Pioneer deck now?

If you made it through all of this thanks for reading. Any input is appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

happy4ya

CarAudio.com Newbie
happy4ya
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date