Looking for amp to run active?

Old school or New school preference?

Zapco seems to be big for esque these days, as is Audison.

If you need something less extravagant, take a look at the Sundown 100.4, AQ 4x90. The 100.4 is active capable itself, and IIRC the AQ is, too.

Yeah i have a sundown saz-2500 so i was looking at the 100.4 but was told i need gain knobs or something for it which i thought an amp like that would come with? Idk they confused me on another forum.

Yeah i have a sundown saz-2500 so i was looking at the 100.4 but was told i need gain knobs or something for it which i thought an amp like that would come with? Idk they confused me on another forum.
A new or used 100.4 would be perfect. You should be fine with one of those. It has a lot of settings without any additional EQ or Headunit. Not sure what they meant by gain knobs... I was gonna go that route, but decided I was too lazy to run active, for now. Lol.

The 100.4 would allow you to run 2-way active using the amp's X-overs, and give you the power you want or more. Not the best amp out there, but it makes a lot of people happy, and comes highly recommended. Sundown delivers a pretty user-friendly and likable product in general.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

A new or used 100.4 would be perfect. You should be fine with one of those. It has a lot of settings without any additional EQ or Headunit. Not sure what they meant by gain knobs... I was gonna go that route, but decided I was too lazy to run active, for now. Lol.
Man up, bite the bullet, take the leap. Once active, good luck going back to passive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ya im leaning towards the 100.4 just because of my sub amp being sundown and maybe going with some sa-12's. They cofused me on the other site by saying i would need a gain knob so thats why i came here. Will be my first active setup so i may be asking a lot of questions but between my h/u and the 100.4 should be good enough.

In that price range is there anything else yall can recommend that you would go with that may be better than the 100.4? Dont wanna get into a product war just looking for a nice setup.

Ya im leaning towards the 100.4 just because of my sub amp being sundown and maybe going with some sa-12's. They cofused me on the other site by saying i would need a gain knob so thats why i came here. Will be my first active setup so i may be asking a lot of questions but between my h/u and the 100.4 should be good enough.
In that price range is there anything else yall can recommend that you would go with that may be better than the 100.4? Dont wanna get into a product war just looking for a nice setup.
A lot of Sundown fans on this forum, so it may get a lot of "yes's".

Personally, I'm now partial to the old school Sony Mobile ES XM line... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Also, what X-over abilities does your CDA-117 have by itself, again? Are you pairing it with Imprint?

Not sure on the x-over capabilities. I havent played with it yet so ill have to check it out. Do i need to pair it with imprint? I had thought of buying the add on but wasnt sure if it would be beneficial to me, if it is then yes i will be using imprint.

These are nice

DSC01185.jpg

pre amp

DSC01190.jpg

whole amp

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

it's a really nice amp that wouldn't fit into my truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

rated 100x4 @ 4ohms

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking that the CDA-117, by itself, won't provide you with "active-capable" crossovers. For some reason I think it only comes with a low range HPF for your mids, and a LPF for your sub. However, once again, I could be wrong. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Imprint would add more features/options, but it costs a little bit more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.