Looking for a design for 2 12"s in a small box

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have two 12"s and they're in a big box that was made for a van. Im looking for a small box design so that I can still keep both my 12"s and take up little space in my small living room. 32hz tuning is good and port for output preferably. Thanks to anyone who can shoot me a design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Individiual boxes would work too - about 2 cubic ft at 32hz - any designs?

preferred port location? preferred sub location?
About 34" wide max and about 24" tall max and about 18" deep max - Hope this is enough to make a box. If you were standing this sub up like a tower I would like the subs to be on the top and the port to be on the top as well. JL states that this sub works well with 1.4 cubic ft but that seems small to me , not sure what is optimal though and since I want it for movies and surround sound I think that 30 to 32 hz would be good, your thoughts please, thanks.

I think that's enough space to build a pretty efficient box. You could do 6 cubes tuned to 26hz or so for home theater performance. I'm wondering why you want 32hz tuning for anything in a house?

I think that's enough space to build a pretty efficient box. You could do 6 cubes tuned to 26hz or so for home theater performance. I'm wondering why you want 32hz tuning for anything in a house?
I'd rather mid to low 20's but these subs are not truly designed for such a low frequency. I actually obtained a drawing already and it is tuned to 30hz - let's see how this turns out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.