Line Output Converter on a Grand Prix

Participant count
  • Participant list

hypetech
10+ year member

I've got an 02 Grand Prix SE non-BOSE with the factory head unit. I picked up an adjustable LOC today so I can hook up my subs and amp without having to buy a new head unit just yet. I didn't really think about what "adjustable" meant until I got it home, and it turns out it goes from 2-60 Watts, and I'm not sure what it needs to be set at for what I'm using, or even how to set it. There are two knobs (pots) at the bottom for adjusting, but I don't really know how to see what it's set at, or what it should be set at.

Pics of the unit are attached. Any advice?

the two adjust left and right sub. the little knobs are your gain. i have the same one. just mess with your amp and the outline converter to find the best setting. i still dont have mine sounding the best. hope that helps.

Well I have gain on my amp lol. I found something that said to turn them all the way down, turn the stereo volume to 90%, then slowly turn them up to right before distortion, I guess I'll play with it, just didn't know if there was a hard setting. Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hmm...so I was about to start tearing everything apart and I was making sure I had all my wires, then I realized I hadn't thought about one of them. Where will I hook up the remote turn on wire for the amp? Seems like some LOC have a dedicated 12v wire for it, but not this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.