Lax916

tRidiot
10+ year member

Perpetually dissatisfied
OK
Bad seller... he has horrible communication skills.

This kid has accepted payment for an amp and waited nearly 2 weeks to ship it out, keep s giving different stories, asked for more money AFTER payment was sent to cover PayPal fees (he never mentioned this prior to the sale) and repeatedly ignored PMs and emails and is generally a seller I would never recommend. I brokered a sale between him and a friend of mine in Canada, and now I am the one feeling like a heel because my friend is still waiting on his amp...

... meanwhile this twerp maintains he's done nothing wrong, yet he's done nothing RIGHT, in my eyes.

Just a word to the wise. Deal with him at your own risk, and don't say you weren't warned.

One reason I chose to recommend him was he seemed to have plenty of decent feedback.

Looks like he just decided to **** around for 2 weeks on this deal, maybe since my friend was in Canada.

Either way, maybe others had good luck with him, but personally, I think he's another typical irresponsible punk.

he seems like a good guy but seems to be very busy. hes lived up to his word on every thread ive seen. just give him a little time i kno ***** cuz u want it alrdy but he aint a scammer

ok wow i dunno where you get i ship it out 2 weeks after being paid, i recieved payment on the 1st and i shipped out on the 9th, only reason it took a few days was because it was going to canada and i could not do it at work so i had to find another way to do it. Also when the payment was first made it was in Canadian currency and it was less then what we talked about then we got that straighted out. I responded to every pm i got i also gave my phone number out in pm's for them to contact me. I dunno where the 2 weeks delay coming from, Also i ending up paying more then double for the shipping to canada then what was originally talked about.

Also i ending up paying more then double for the shipping to canada then what was originally talked about.
How much you paid for shipping was YOUR problem, not mine or my friend's since the quote you gave us was shipped to Canada. I gave you his postal code after you specifically asked for it so you could look it up and find out how much it would cost. We never talked about how much to ship it. I just checked it and it looks like about $45 from your zip to his for a 24 lb package... so you asked for $340... + adding $10 for PayPal after the fact. So, you got $350 US, spent $45 to ship (approx, according to my calcs), and ended up with about $305 (minus PayPal)? Your original asking price was $300 + shipping, was it not? Doesn't sound like you're getting screwed pricewise, to me.

My friend accidentally paid in Canadian currency, yes... he then sent ANOTHER payment in US currency immediately the next day when he found out. He had TWO payments out to you... please don't try to cast aspersions on his end of the deal, he's been more than upstanding with you.

As for replying to PMs, I don't believe you for a second... I don't see how I am getting msgs from my friend asking why you're not replying to emails and PMs... but you aren't getting his PMs? Seems very difficult for me to buy.

Here's the timeline, for those who want to see for themselves:

Wed/30th - deal struck, payment sent (accidentally in Canadian $)

Wed/30th - LAX916 replies that payment was CAD, then says he needs more money to cover PayPal fees

Thurs/1st - LAX916 12:23AM "i got it striaghted out, give me a call if you have any questions 321 xxx-xxxx. tell him not to worry about the refund we will talk tommorow about what else he owes me i will try to ship out tommorow. my name is cris if you want to call"

Thurs/1st - 2nd payment sent (with added PayPal fees), first payment refund 'pending'

Sun/4th - LAX916 - 05-04-2008, 09:40 PM "the amp is packed it will go out tommorow, i tried to ship sat. but i got to ups too late. ill pm you the tracking info tommorow later"

Then no replies to buyer's PM's or emails for three days until I sent him one on the 7th:

Wed/7th - LAX916 "his amp shipped already i reaplied to all of his pm's"

UPS TRACKING INFORMATION:

US 05/09/2008 6:28 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Check it yourself, folks:

1Z 7E4 3W8 68 0350 503 0

So.... worst case, he told me he would ship it Monday, then told us it was already shipped on Wed, then didn't actually ship it till Friday.

1. A string of untruths

2. Not responding to queries

3. Poor prioritization

4. Asking for more money after payment initially sent

5. Lying about when item was actually shipped

Enough reasons for me.

When the item arrives on the 21st (scheduled delivery), we'll see if it's legit or if it's a box of bricks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Even if it is legit, like I said... I wouldn't recommend this guy. And now he's coming, trying to put off his mistakes on someone else, refusing to take responsibility... you'd do much better to own up, admit you were full of it, and you didn't do what you said you were going to, it would look much better on you than what you're doing.

Oh well... sad deal.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif I actually remember him as one of my best customers, and that was years ago.

i still dont get where you get 2 weeks delay from, also i paid 71 dollars to ship the amp,but thats cool its going to canada i quoted you way to low for shipping but thats my mistake. The Amp was giving to the shipping person at my work monday-tues i dont remember, i thought it went out thats why i said wait for the tracking. i come to find out they cant do it from work so i take the amp and ship it out on Friday.

Ok i see where i have a few days delay in shipping and that my fault, but i dunno where the other stuff you are talking about comes into play.

Wow, you don't have any problem replying to the thread in a timely fashion... and the fact that you don't see why any of the other stuff is a problem just re-iterates my point.

Like I told you via PM, if you had half the drive to reply and be upfront that you have to reply to this thread, it all might have been just fine.

Either way, you dropped the ball, dude.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Calm down, there was clearly a mistake. He's done too many transactions and is too well known to outright scam you.

I never said the guy was a scammer... I said he had :

Horrible communication skills

He lied about shipping (I don't have any reason to believe his BS when he's told too many stories about the item shipping)

He asked for more money AFTER the transaction was made (i.e., adding PayPal fees which were never discussed)

He didn't make shipping the item a priority after receiving payment.

Never said he was a scammer. Do these things above not matter to anyone? To me, he's acting like the kid he is (I think he's 22?), not like a responsible, mature adult.

As for being too well known to be a scammer, maybe you should look around at some of the recent goings-on on this forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Plenty of people with good reputations have decided the hell with their online 'rep' and gone ahead and ripped people off.

Once again, I AM NOT SAYING THIS GUY IS A SCAMMER.... just that he's not a good seller, IMO.

Fair enough, I thought you were outright calling him a scammer when many could attest that he isn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tRidiot

10+ year member
Perpetually dissatisfied
tRidiot
OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies