(Kicker) Solo Sag Syndrome...---sagging suspension---

Don't you guys know your kicker subs need to be broken in ? when done properly thats what they look like...

no doubt kicker's QC leaves a lot to be desired..... I wonder how much the T/S param's of that sub vary from the literature ? LMAO

Wow I hope you were kidding. If not, you are a complete idiot and need to GTFO. Polecat freaking works for Kicker.

When you sell as many subs as Kicker does then there are going to be stupid people who damage their subs, this was obviously user caused. Look at the pics, the sub doesn't look that great at all .

I have a 2 L-7's from 2000, and they are still pounding strong and look nothing like that, with 2kw's on them.........................

Polecat,

I agree, the kicker L7 in the pics I posted has been ABUSED!

But...I don't seen many other subs coming in like this. Not even lower end stuff.

We see Kicker, JL, RF, Eclipse, Memphis, PG, and alot of others come through the shop...but we see ALOT of kicker subs w/ sagging and torn suspensions.

The other local shop that builds boxes pretty much builds a generic for all subs. (they are the kicker dealers in this area)

EX: their single 12" box is 1.85cuft w/ a only a 3.5"x3.5" port tune ~35hz...they put every sub you can think of in that box. Every thing from L7's to comps to m3's to w3's (Yes, those boxes do give ALOT of port noise)

I would think that if it was trouble w/ the boxes, we would see alot of different subs coming in w/ suspensions like this, but we don't.

Seem strange that only Kicker is showing up like this....?

(L7's and CVR's mainly)

It's not user caused... the sub was made with softer spiders then normal, and thats it........ the plants in china that spit out the woofers and pay workers 20cents an hour don't care if the latest shipment of spiders arn't right...

enjoy

i agree.....but he got money outta them:crazy:..........I've never seen one sag like that...or he had it sitting somewhere for a long period, with something sitting in the cone.
Indeed -- I've never seen any woofer sag like that, ever. I think the average dude that buys an L7 probably buys it to beat the crap out of it, that might have something to do with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's not user caused... the sub was made with softer spiders then normal, and thats it........ the plants in china that spit out the woofers and pay workers 20cents an hour don't care if the latest shipment of spiders arn't right...
enjoy
I don't say this often.................................................but STFU!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Polecat,
I agree, the kicker L7 in the pics I posted has been ABUSED!

But...I don't seen many other subs coming in like this. Not even lower end stuff.

We see Kicker, JL, RF, Eclipse, Memphis, PG, and alot of others come through the shop...but we see ALOT of kicker subs w/ sagging and torn suspensions.

The other local shop that builds boxes pretty much builds a generic for all subs. (they are the kicker dealers in this area)

EX: their single 12" box is 1.85cuft w/ a only a 3.5"x3.5" port tune ~35hz...they put every sub you can think of in that box. Every thing from L7's to comps to m3's to w3's (Yes, those boxes do give ALOT of port noise)

I would think that if it was trouble w/ the boxes, we would see alot of different subs coming in w/ suspensions like this, but we don't.

Seem strange that only Kicker is showing up like this....?

(L7's and CVR's mainly)
while I cannot say when, where or why, it looks like someone is seriously putting way too much power to them ported, and just flat tearing up the suspension.

dealer or not, IMHO, ou have to build an enclosure FOR the drivers parameters, not a 'generic' box for all woofers as long as they are on the same size (10" or 12")

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.