Kicker CVR or Alpine type-r?

the cvr in 5.6cuft sloted boxs would get just as loud as the type r and would also use a orion,viper,directed 1200 amp by the 4ohm dvc and run your amp at 2ohms 800 to 900 watts and be sure to be easy on the gain great bass and save some money go cvr 15

you couldnt run that amp at 2 ohms and expect to get 800 watts out of it.

its rated 1200 @ 1 ohm

ok well since the type-r 15 handles more power than the cvr, i can get a type-r 12" for the same price as a cvr 15", both handle 500rms, which would be louder? and also would I be able to fit a good ported enclosure in my trunk?(95 grand am se 4 door)

ok well since the type-r 15 handles more power than the cvr, i can get a type-r 12" for the same price as a cvr 15", both handle 500rms, which would be louder? and also would I be able to fit a good ported enclosure in my trunk?(95 grand am se 4 door)
the type r will prolly like somewhere in the range of 5 and 6 cubes gross.

Whats the greatest size box you can fit in there or build in there?

Well, I cant build boxes :p but I dunno max size, just parameters, probably about 36w/16-17h/16-18l

Edit: also if anyone has yahoo and wouldn't mind helping me out leave your yahoo name, i have aim but cant connect through a wireless connection, my yahoo name is x0o_cybermafia_rage_o0x

Another edit: because of my price range I would get either a 15" cvr or a 12" type-r because a 15" type-r would be too pricey, so feel free to leave opinions on that.

Bump, btw ordered my x789 from finest-deals on ebay, hope it comes in ok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Should be fine, I ordered an alpine 9805 and some kappa 6x9's from finest deals about a year and a half ago and it shipped promptly in perfect shape. My friend got stuff from them too, and his was receieved in excellent shape as well.

if you waste your money on a CVR youre gonna get what you pay for. If you want a low cost sub that uses as little power go with a memphis power reference. They own CVR anyone that thinks otherwise I will gladly put my car up against thiers, and only require 250-300 watts per sub. I got my PRs for $120 shipped for a pair.

and to be exact

Type R 2 x $ >CVR

Type R 3 X as good SPL and SQ >CVR
Now I know why people hate Type R owners...

Comeon, you know the Type R doesn't have 3x the output of the CVR... You obviously haven't heard the CVR EVER.... Don't even tell me they aren't loud... When spkrman dropped off my enclosure for my 15" Atlas he had 2 12" CVRs in his trunk... My dad was in the master bathroom in the hot tub(jets were off) and he said the bass was seriously rippling the water. I live in a brick townhouse and the master bathroom is probably the farthest room way from the driveway.... Thats probably the only real life comparison I could give you, I never had my 12" CVR or 12" Type R in the same enclosure/setup metered.

You make the CVRs sound like a $20 knockoff brand. Obviously the Type Rs are better subs, but you are paying half the price of the Type R and ur barely losing decibals. Be realistic, don't load people with crap. The R does have better sound quality... 3x? Doubt it. Doubt even 2x.

I'd like to see where you come up with these sweet inequalities though, most likely you are pulling them right out of the spot where ur mommy should kick u right now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

CVR15 would be louder ported. IDK exactly how big the trunks are, but you'll def. have enough space to go ported(at least 3 cu ft). If ur planning on buying a prefab ported enclosure(obviously won't be as loud as one made custom for the woofer) let me know I can get you some cheap deals, even shipped...

well yeah I was gonna go for a custom ported box from whoever can build a good one at a fairly decent price

Edit: And I plan on ordering the rest of this stuff, sub/amp/wiring/box around nov. 3rd if like theres deals now that wont be around then or something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.